• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for gen 2 ('08) front right outer fork tube, maybe some upgraded springs as well?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worney

Reaction score
I seem to have developed a leak in the rebound adjustment at the bottom of my right fork. The local dealer and an independent suspension guy have informed me that it is a press in fitting and is not repairable so I need a new outer tube. Does anyone have one they want to part with before I buy a new one through the dealer? Also if someone.has a set of springs I might be interested since the forks need to be taken apart anyways.

Thanks,

Worney

If it is pressed in it can probably be pressed out ? Then reseal it with non removable Loctite or similar ?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="redjay" data-cid="1207225" data-time="1422638653"><p>

If it is pressed in it can probably be pressed out ? Then reseal it with non removable Loctite or similar ?</p></blockquote>

It is the valve adjustment at the bottom of the fork so it can't just be removed. The parts guy at the dealership suggested adjusting it to where I wanted it then sealing it but that would be a last resort.

Worney