• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for power/audio cords and mount for garmin 2720

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedygg

Reaction score
Looking for the motorcycle power/audio cord and mount for a garmin 2720. Given that I am not sure if this device will work (just inherited it), don't want to invest in new stuff quite yet. PMs are welcome.

Wishful thanks.

Go on ebay, invest less than $20, purchase an ac adapter. They're excellent units.

Garmin 2720 ac adapter
Or look for a cigarette lighter adaptor. If the Garmin does function and you want to use it on the bike, there are power cords available to wire it direct rather than a cigarette lighter plug.

Thanks guys. I realize it is only $20, but once you add in a harness then it jumps up to over $40. Not worth it till I make sure the garmin works.

Ended up soldering wires to the pos/neg and plugging it to 12v power supply. Got system booted, but touch screen is a bit flaky (detects movement but not presses).

Fiddling with the ribbon cables and shielding inside seems to make a difference. Nice little project to do with a glass or two of wine at night.