Loring Land Spped Event

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like fun, Scott. Hopefully there are no stop signs at the turn outs.
wink.png

"If YOU are INJURED or your vehicle is ON FIRE:Go to the RIGHT side of the track. FIRE AND RESCUE WILL RESPOND IMMEDIATELY."
I wonder what you are supposed to do if YOU are on fire?

tonguesmiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This event is in Potato County Maine. Freddy Beach is south of the track.

Not worth it to buy leathers to run the bike one day. Not worth putting a roll cage, fire extinguisher and 6 point harness in my car for one day. My mower may be a real tough competitor though...

Also not worth it considering the speeds the 1300's are running are all around 200 mph.

We'd be on the short bus up there. Besides, where would you find a metal chain guard for an FJR?

But at least the potatoes would be fresh. It would be a good RTE to watch Scott max his '03 out!

I spent just over one glorious year there at Loring AFB (SAC, B52s etc.) way back in the 70's.

I'm guessing they're using the old runway (2.5+ miles?) for this event.

During my assignment there -

• Sat yards from Nixon (and Ford) as he gave a speech upon his return from the Soviet Union in 1974.
  • Had my mind blown standing just off the runway, watching one of the first F-15s make a ridiculous takeoff.
  • Drank A LOT of alcohol.
  • Rode my newly-purchased Z1 the HELL out of there and swore I'd never live anywhere cold again.
Good times.

I spent just over one glorious year there at Loring AFB (SAC, B52s etc.) way back in the 70's.I'm guessing they're using the old runway (2.5+ miles?) for this event
Ding, ding! You gots it right.

• Had my mind blown standing just off the runway, watching one of the first F-15s make a ridiculous takeoff.
HP to weight = space launch. I'm pretty sure you could hear the pilots giggling over the Full Military Power Takeoff.

• Drank A LOT of alcohol.
Stand-by duty is a b!tch.
smile.png
Especially in northern Maine's potato country.