Malibu & Santa Moncia Mountains 8-15-09

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jonny

sounds like my rides i just carry a little trail mix ( no rasins) and eat a handful at gas stops now and then. works for me

Burp!

372069875.jpg

Ok...........I majorly cave in on that BBQ picture.........next time this ride comes around

I want in on some of those good eats around the pool and a nice glass of wine.

By the way........what's in that mysterious baggy ??

Of course......I might have to find another 10 miles of goat trail to balance out my

caloric deficit. Maybe to the top of that mountain at the end of Sycamore Canyon

or maybe here ?

backbonetrail.jpg

HBLARRY

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...........I majorly cave in on that BBQ picture.........next time this ride comes around

I want in on some of those good eats around the pool and a nice glass of wine.

By the way........what's in that mysterious baggy ??

HBLARRY

Yes, it was too much of a good time yesterday. The ride, company and great friends was what it was all about. Some new and some getting reaquainted with again: I knew MCML (Joseph) since WFO-1 when Jacquie and I organized WFO-1 & 2 ralleys in NorCal. BigDolma (Armand) we met at WFO-2 and is also a true friend. He and family were enticed to Dubai for greater opertunities and are back here visiting friends until heading back again.

Johnny80's, great riding with you to the ride yesterday. Many more rides ahead.

Larry, you ask what is the bag? You might be surprised, but then again, Joseph is full of surprises. Get to really know him, he is great friends and great to be around.

jorstin, MsNascar overheard you saying the next ride will be somewhere in SD county. Any hints?

I managed to dislodge a few more pics from my camera........

Early Starbuck's Start

100_5319.jpg

I'm still scratchin' my head over this one

100_5321.jpg

Saddle Peak and saddle sore (about 5 minutes into it and lots to talk about already)

100_5322.jpg

FJR lineup at Neptune's Net (with a little help from our Zambizi parking attendants)

100_5326.jpg

Richard looking for some Hyabusa fish and chips ?

100_5328.jpg

Goat strips.......Hey, I had to really earn these. Lookin' behind me there was Richard

cruisin and smokin' a cigarette

100_5329.jpg

Chicken McGoat strips

100_5330.jpg

Draggon rider,

Is this a frame from the Feather River ride out of Marysville?

If it is.......... how long did it take you to get there from L.A ?

Everybody seemed to think you were coming along for the Malibu ride.

WW'sFJR

HBLARRY

My tits are really starting to droop!
My friend johnny80s, I know the answer to this riddle! Having visited England many times over the years, I do believe that Richard had simply consumed a standard British breakfast of pickled eggs, jellied eels, kedgeree, marmite and spotted dick. This is a commonly observed sight on the streets of London.

Fairlaner was simply dealing with the resulting flatulence attack and by releasing his shirt he was keeping the stitching in his sleeves from ripping out!

My friend johnny80s, I know the answer to this riddle! Having visited England many times over the years, I do believe that Richard had simply consumed a standard British breakfast of pickled eggs, jellied eels, kedgeree, marmite and spotted dick. This is a commonly observed sight on the streets of London.
Fairlaner was simply dealing with the resulting flatulence attack and by releasing his shirt he was keeping the stitching in his sleeves from ripping out!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks Don. That there is an all-day chuckle!

jorstin, MsNascar overheard you saying the next ride will be somewhere in SD county. Any hints?
Yes Ed the next ride is going to be down along the border sometime soon, it will most likely be a Sunday and soon.

I will post it up when i figure it out.

R

Yes Ed the next ride is going to be down along the border sometime soon, it will most likely be a Sunday and soon.

R
Sir Richard, perchance may it be on Sunday, September 6 of Labor Day Weekend? We Stanley Boys will be in Orange, CA!!

Cant do it then for the same reason, I have Family in town that week....

I will post it up soon.

R

Everybody seemed to think you were coming along for the Malibu ride.
WW'sFJR

HBLARRY
I thought it just plain mean that OM shows us views of the gorgeous NorCal scenery,

while we are riding in sun parched SoCal.

I posted early on that I wasn’t able to make the ride because I was on call all weekend.

I missed two great rides this last weekend and next weekend more than likely nothing will be happening.

From what I’ve read you guys had a great ride and I’m sorry I wasn’t able to make it.

Two Great rides:

Ride 1, Hawthorne to Malibu Canyons

Ride 2, Long Beach, PCH to Capistrano, and in land to Cooks Corner.

CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!

I could have spent my entire weekend on my bike. :lol:

R
Sir Richard, perchance may it be on Sunday, September 6 of Labor Day Weekend? We Stanley Boys will be in Orange, CA!!
Don I will set something up for that weekend. We don't need Richard.