Manual cost

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farkles

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
Just priced the service manual for my FJR $95.00? is that what you guiys paid for it.? and the parts manual is extra? :dribble:

You can only download the OWNER'S MANUAL from the Yamaha site, the shop manual is still $$$. Try University Motors, they should be cheaper less expensive. The first time you use the manual to do something like a throttle body sync, the manual will have paid for itself.

A mostly complete parts fiche is available for free on the Yamaha site too. There are other sites like Ron Ayres Motorsports where there is a parts fiche with associated prices, from which you can order directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: The parts 'manual' is free on the Yami website

I did't see that at the end of your post there ion

Edit: The parts 'manual' is free on the Yami websiteI did't see that at the end of your post there ion
The wonders of editing ;) I posted the first paragraph then after finding the URL to Ron's web site I went back and added the second paragraph.

And lookie here, we have our time stamp back on our posts again!!! Admins @ work :clapping:

You can only download the OWNER'S MANUAL from the Yamaha site, the shop manual is still $$$. Try University Motors, they should be cheaper less expensive. The first time you use the manual to do something like a throttle body sync, the manual will have paid for itself.
A mostly complete parts fiche is available for free on the Yamaha site too. There are other sites like Ron Ayres Motorsports where there is a parts fiche with associated prices, from which you can order directly.
Thanks ionbeam for the Ron Ayers link! :clapping:

Thanks ionbeam for the Ron Ayers link! :clapping:
Yeah, what he said!

Very cool. I already found a replacement for my headlight adjust knob. ($2.14)

I'll have to start saving so I can get that before spring.

Is that the same Ron Ayers that wrote Against the Wind: A Rider's Account of the Incredible Iron Butt Rally ?

Is that the same Ron Ayers that wrote Against the Wind: A Rider's Account of the Incredible Iron Butt Rally ?
I believe the names are just coincidence, THE Ron Ayres, author & rider lives in Plano, Texas. Ron Ayres Motorsports is based in NC.

Edit (again): kaitsdad has got it covered.

Someone recently said they got it for $43 shipped from University Motors. That prompted me to order one but I did it after University Motors policy change in the discount and I think it is $55 shipped for me (it is still on order after 2 weeks so they are not available very fast from Yamaha).

From what I hear, the 08 manual costs a lot more than the 06-07 and just says "2008 FJR1300" on the cover. I haven't verified it, but it sounds like it's thinner too.

Just had my 08 A delivered last week. After settling on a price after trade in of used bike, (trade in) asked to "sweeten" the deal with a service manual thrown in, and a 20% discount on Yamaha topbox, mounting bracket and backrest cushion. So I don't know the actual cost of the manual, but I just went to the garage and looked at the manual. It says 2008 FJR1300 on the cover(A and AE), so it is not an addendum to the 07' service manual. It measures 1 3/4" thick.

Yamaha farms out the publication of Service Manuals to a firm called Crestech which recently told dealers of a substantial price increase for the manuals.