map in your signature line

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wheelingdawg

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
when you post how do you get the map of the US at the bottom. I want to start filling in the states i've hit so far. I'm sure this is something easy to do, but for the computer illiterate it might as well be printed in ancient Chinese right in front of me. Thanks for the help.

Its late for me, so this is the best i can do. It is the same as putting photos in your post. Do a google search or look ing the 'read this first section' and you should find something. There is one thread that steps you through putting a yamaha website picture in a post that is extremely helpful.

edit>>>I also remember a thread that talks you through this very thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Click on either of my sig maps for links to them. Don't forget the forum rules about sig lines. Also, reduce the size of the maps before adding them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I got the map saved in the smallest size to my pictures, now how do i get it from there to here? Thanks for the help when the computer savvy quit laughing!!!

Thanks, I got the map saved in the smallest size to my pictures, now how do i get it from there to here? Thanks for the help when the computer savvy quit laughing!!!
Personally, I save it in the larger size and then open that image in my image software. Next, change the size of the image so that is is no more than about 70 pixels tall. Starting with the larger image gives the software more to work with and can give you a better looking image when reduced.

Now, find a place online to host that new image and then add it to your sig using the sig editor and the INSERT IMAGE button.

Yep, PhotoShop is your friend. And if you are the explorative type rider, you can combine multiple maps to include that region way to the north, eh?

I saved the map to Photobucket and their "edit" feature reduced it to within forum guidelines. But that was after I did it wrong and was told to stand in the corner. :poster_oops: