Massive Motorcycle Crash; North Phoenix

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
https://www.azcentral.com/video/#/News/Fata...001/73899650001 Sad beyond belief; just terrible! Witness on the scene spoke to the driver, doing his paperwork!

Ten bikes, with passengers, were ran over hour ago by a dump truck that never applied his brakes. Driver was doing paperwork on the seat when he ran them over!

5 dead on the scene already, rest critical. How the hell can a Commercial Driver be doing his logbook/invoices while piloting a dump truck down The Carefree Hwy.???

Last edited by a moderator:
This really sucks:

"Witnesses said about 20 motorcyclists were stopped at a light when the truck reportedly hit some of them from behind, then burst into flames."

I just want to strangle that truck driver.

I agree that this was a very stupid thing that should never have happened. I'm not saying that the bikers were in any responsible, or that they did anything wrong, but we can learn from it. Always keep an eye in your mirrors, know where all of the other vehicles are, and be prepared to get out of the way when some idiot does his thing. There are a lot of stupid people out there and most of them drive.

Absolutley traggic and horrific!

Kill a biker go to jail. The driver should pay dealer for this.

Sad...sad...sad....

I agree that this was a very stupid thing that should never have happened. I'm not saying that the bikers were in any responsible, or that they did anything wrong, but we can learn from it. Always keep an eye in your mirrors, know where all of the other vehicles are, and be prepared to get out of the way when some idiot does his thing. There are a lot of stupid people out there and most of them drive.
Yep!

To me, it doesn't matter if it's a semi truck or a mom in an SUV talking on her cell phone or arguing with the kid in the back seat.

DON'T TRUST ANYONE WITH YOUR LIFE!

This should serve as a warning to anyone who drives and eats, talks, changes their radio station, checks a map, argues with their spouse, etc., etc., etc......someone's life is in your hands.

I agree about the use of mirrors, especially when stopped at an intersection and even more so at an intersection where speeds probably exceed 50mph. I was just watching the coverage on the news and until family is notified of the fatalities, I believe the news is holding back. There was apparently a witness in the SUV immediately in front of the bikers that stated they burst into flames upon impact. Their SUV was severely damaged also from the motorcyclist being smashed between the dump truck and their SUV.

This is totally ridiculous how someone could arbitrarily slam into stopped bikes without any knowledge they were there. Now the dump truck driver is probably concerned more about his future freedom more than he is about the poor folks lives he just ended and the other serious injuries he caused.

this makes me sick...and serves as a reminder to keep checking my mirrors at stop lights.

So sad... Prayers and positive thoughts sent to the families and the EMS workers that have to work that horrific scene.

this makes me sick...and serves as a reminder to keep checking my mirrors at stop lights.
One of the things our instructor told us over and over during MSF training.

Wow, just can't imagine. Those poor folks and their loved ones.

sigh