MC Enterprises tip over guards - are they any good?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picture the engine mount bolt in the canyon cages having a stud sticking out, then loose the clamps in the pic I posted. The offset arm would attach to the stud (where the clamps went). This would allow you to rotate the arm for adjustment. There would be many possible peg locations.

I emailed Ryan at MC Enterprises with a product request. Perhaps they can come up with something for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found these hwy pegs, with the "flush" ends on eBay. These are basically the type I was taking about since there is nothing protruding when they are folded up, than as long as you have them positioned such that the peg rests against the vertical bar of the Canyon Cages that should keep it from getting pushed into the side of the bike.

Now just to find this peg in simple black vs. all that chrome.

%24T2eC16V,!)EE9s2ugivTBRUG-HUV4w~~60_3.JPG

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fold-Up-Highway-Pegs-for-Harley-Davidson-Clevis-mount-1-2-20-/221205963226?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3380e721da

I got a response (with pics) from Ryan today. It seems our fears may be ungrounded. The horizontal bar has tons of clearance with the bike dropped on the cages.

IMG_0523.jpg

So tonight I moved mine to a comfortable location I previously feared to use.

IMG_20130730_184822.jpg

They fold up out of the way nicely

IMG_20130730_184808.jpg

If that picture is accurate for a zero speed drop. It seems everything is protected. Might consider the Canyon cages. One drop and you're money ahead.

Bill

Chuck35, that's great, thanks for posting up that pic too.

Could you pls let me know where you bought those OEM peg adapters?

I have a set of the larger Law Enforcement Guards for sale. I used them on my bike for about 2 months and decided to buy the canyon cages. They are in perfect condition with all the mounting bolts. Took me all of 20 mins to mount both sides. PM or email if interested. Thanks,

Well, MCenterprise guards were shipped yesterday! Will report as soon as I get them installed next week. My Kouba lowering links should be in about the same time, so it's going to be a big "bike transformation" week!
I will recognize your bike if I see you riding in the hill country one of these days

OMG are you kinding me, these are so f.....ugly!!

Come on who would put these on?

Do you plan to ride in the dirt or on gravel roads?

I think I will pass.....

I would rather have my tupperware with road rash than be riding around with these bolted on.

You guys are so old you should ride a cage.

OMG are you kinding me, these are so f.....ugly!!Come on who would put these on?

I think I will pass.....

I would rather have my tupplerware with road rash than be riding around with these bolted on.

"Do you plan to ride in the dirt or on gravel roads?"

YES and YES
rolleyes.gif
, not that many squids here
no.gif

Actually if you look at these on the bike in real life they look just fine.

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

And you forgot to mention snow and ice
punk.gif

20121229_233305.jpg

20121230_014306.jpg

20121229_231511.jpg

I got a response (with pics) from Ryan today. It seems our fears may be ungrounded. The horizontal bar has tons of clearance with the bike dropped on the cages.

IMG_0523.jpg

<snip>
I doubt that this photo was taken after the motor was dropped. I think it is more likely it was gently put on its side for the photo. I'd have to see video of the actual drop testing to believe it. I wonder if we can get Ryan to post a video of them Canyon Cage drop testing. I've seen video of them testing the Full Size Engine/Fairing Guards. He would probably generate a bunch of orders if the motor did not roll on the Canyon Cage bars until the mirrors touch down. Of course the hard part would be finding a donor FJR for the drop test.

I have a set of the larger Law Enforcement Guards for sale. I used them on my bike for about 2 months and decided to buy the canyon cages. They are in perfect condition with all the mounting bolts. Took me all of 20 mins to mount both sides. PM or email if interested. Thanks,
I'm assuming those are Gen 2 specific?

The only time mine ever got away from me was a zero speed (stall) drop in a parking lot. I just couldn't keep her from gently laying down. The sliders did their job. The only damage was a rock scratch on the rear bag and my pride. If I had the cages on then it would have landed like Ryan's pic.

Hello,

Yes, they are GEN II specific. 2006-2012.

I have them listed on eBay also. Here is the listing https://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

Thanks,

Parker

OMG are you kinding me, these are so f.....ugly!!Come on who would put these on?

I think I will pass.....

I would rather have my tupplerware with road rash than be riding around with these bolted on.

"Do you plan to ride in the dirt or on gravel roads?"

YES and YES
rolleyes.gif
, not that many squids here
no.gif

Actually if you look at these on the bike in real life they look just fine.

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

And you forgot to mention snow and ice
punk.gif

20121229_233305.jpg

20121230_014306.jpg

20121229_231511.jpg
I'm really digging those large front foglights on the fairing. Can you tell me anything about them? Are they LED's?

Hello,

Yes, they are GEN II specific. 2006-2012.

I have them listed on eBay also. Here is the listing https://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

Thanks,

Parker
Dang, counts me out. I've got an '03.

I think I will pass.....

I would rather have my tupperware with road rash than be riding around with these bolted on.

I put them on my '06 up front only because I ride in the remote areas a lot. I want a better chance that if the bike goes down, that it doesn't grind through a case and make the bike not rideable. The bars actually look very good. but to each their own...