McCruise

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man if we do a group buy, and get the price down a ways I'm deffinently in!!! I've wanted one of those for awhile.
I'll do an AudioVox cruise next time - I ended up paying $960 to my door directly from MCCruise. As good as an electronic cruise is (and a must have), that's just too much even with a group buy reduction (IMO). And I still have a "harder to pull throttle" issue to solve. I'd describe the kit as plug & play for the most part and mostly superb instructions (though sections jump around), but by no means an easy or quick install. I do not like the location of the CIU and that has caused me many hours of "adjusting" (and its probably the cause of the throttle pull problem). I can't imagine dealing with the CIU again at valve check/adjustment time.

I had a MUCH better experience on my '04 non-abs & at the time MUCH cheaper. 1/2 the time to install as my '08 and 50K of trouble free miles. Although I'm only an amateur mechanic and highly desire things factory or "plug and play," I feel comfortable enough that I can do the CCS100 in a factory-manner (not to mention the plethora of info).

Last edited by a moderator:
Man if we do a group buy, and get the price down a ways I'm deffinently in!!! I've wanted one of those for awhile.
I'll do an AudioVox cruise next time - I ended up paying $960 to my door directly from MCCruise. As good as an electronic cruise is, that's just too much even with a group buy reduction (IMO).

I agree. I did the AVCC install on mine. While it was a HUGE pain in the ass, 3 day project, it now performs perfectly every time. And the install really isn't that hard after the first time you do it. I think with the switches I bought to replace the Audiovox control panel and misc. wires/connectors/vaccume diode, it cost be right around $100. Money WELL SPENT.