Mid-March Florida Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave,

I live between St. Augustine & Jacksonville, I was planing on riding your route south as you are coming north and meet up with the group somewhere. For some reason I no longer can get the link for route to come up. It says it was modified 6 hours ago, but now the only thing I see is the starting point? Weather conditions permitting I assume the ride is still a go?

Tim

Dave,

I live between St. Augustine & Jacksonville, I was planing on riding your route south as you are coming north and meet up with the group somewhere. For some reason I no longer can get the link for route to come up. It says it was modified 6 hours ago, but now the only thing I see is the starting point? Weather conditions permitting I assume the ride is still a go?

Tim
I couldn't get the link to work either. I was reviewing the map earlier and must have screwed it up. Created a new repaired link. See reply above.

Check the map and let me know where you want to meet.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave,

Based on leaving at 8:30 what time on the way north do you estimate you'll be coming through Tavares? Is there any place there to meet?

Tim
Should be there around 11am.

When I zoomed in on the map I saw a place called Brett's Motorsports at the triangle where SR19,SR44 & FL500A meet. Here's their address: 702 West Burleigh Boulevard, Tavares, FL 32778-2302

Never been there but sounds like a good place to meet. Let me know.

Dave

Should be there around 11am.

When I zoomed in on the map I saw a place called Brett's Motorsports at the triangle where SR19,SR44 & FL500A meet. Here's their address: 702 West Burleigh Boulevard, Tavares, FL 32778-2302

Never been there but sounds like a good place to meet. Let me know.

Dave

Sounds good to me. I don't expect anything to come up, but you never know. If you PM me your cell number, I could send you a txt messg. if plans change at the last minute.

Tim

Only one more day until the ride.

Weather is going to be GREAT! High 86 degrees. No chance of rain. Better bring your sunscreen! :D

See everyone there.

Dave

It looks like you will be riding within about 4 miles of where I will be slaving away on Sat. I need to get some windows installed in my shop that day before the rainy season hits (I'm quickly running out of weekends). So I'll be sitting this one out :(

The good news is my wife finally traded in her touring bike on a Sport-Tourer (a BMW R1200RT) so after she gets aquinted with it (just picked it up yesterday) I might be able to get her out riding with us for a change.

You guys have a great time! I'll be thinking of you as I'm standing on my scaffold.

It looks like you will be riding within about 4 miles of where I will be slaving away on Sat. I need to get some windows installed in my shop that day before the rainy season hits (I'm quickly running out of weekends). So I'll be sitting this one out :(

The good news is my wife finally traded in her touring bike on a Sport-Tourer (a BMW R1200RT) so after she gets aquinted with it (just picked it up yesterday) I might be able to get her out riding with us for a change.

You guys have a great time! I'll be thinking of you as I'm standing on my scaffold.
We're gonna miss you.

Looking forward to having the wife ride with us next time.

Dave

Not going to be able to make this one. Have a chance to go to Vegas on Sat to hang out with a buddy i havent seen in years.

Dave,

Weather looks good,maybe a little to warm. Assume the ride is still on; I see a lot of conflicts have come up in the last few days.

Tim
Sorry Tim, I just saw your reply.

Yes the ride is still on. We have 8 confirmed riders including yourself.

Rode up to Tavares yesterday to check out where Brett's Motorsports is located. It's right at the intersection of SR19 and SR44/441. There is a Walgreens and a Bank of America next to it. It's not a big place so it's easy to miss. There is a sign but again not very large. I went in just to check the place out. It's not a dealership just a local service/repair shop.

See you around 11am.

Dave

Just got a chance to get to the forum, work's been crazy. Hate I missed this one guys, I'll pay better attention in the future and try to make the next.

Thomas, ki4bar.

Great ride Dave, great guys. Thanks for setting it up and leading. Can't wait till the next one.
Your welcome Everett and thanks for coming. I know it was a long ride for you but knew you would come through.

From the feedback I was getting at the restaurant I think everyone had a good time.

Great to have some first timers on the ride.

Dave

Just got a chance to get to the forum, work's been crazy. Hate I missed this one guys, I'll pay better attention in the future and try to make the next.

Thomas, ki4bar.
No sweat. I understand about the new job.

I noticed you had not been on the forum for awhile. I didn't have your number or I would have called to see if you wanted to go.

PM me with your contact info and we will make sure you get notified of the next ride.

Dave

Dave, Thanks for setting this up and leading a very enjoyable ride. Got back to St Johns at 5:20 (with no further battery problems, guess it's time for a new one or least not letting the bike sit with the ignition on for more than 20 minutes; senior moment?. I can't complain to much it's been 5 years on number 1). Nice to meet everyone and looking forward to the next ride. Dave W., Hope you didn't mind coming up 17 instead of 19; 19 is way boring and not one of my favorite roads. Til the next one.

Tim

Dave, Thanks for leading a great ride today. Good group of guys too. I'm definitely interested in any future rides you might do.

Thanks again,

Joe

Dave,

Thanks for a great ride you put together. Seems like everyone enjoyed it, I know I did. Let me know when you are going to do another one.

Mick