Minneapolis/Chicago Motorcycle Shows?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian

Reaction score
I had planned on driving to the motorcycle show in Minneapolis February 1-3. I read on a local MC board that the show wasn't very good and that the one a week later in Chicago was much better. Any input? TIA Ian, Iowa

Ian:

I went to Minneapolis last year. I'm inclined to agree with Frank and hope to try Chicago the next time we go to one of these.

Dave

I had planned on driving to the motorcycle show in Minneapolis February 1-3. I read on a local MC board that the show wasn't very good and that the one a week later in Chicago was much better. Any input? TIA Ian, Iowa

Yeah, that's pretty accurate. We do them both. Stay with friends in N. St. Paul and go out eating and drinking. The show in Minn was good, but there are very few vendors for shopping helmets, jackets, etc.. I guess the vendor fee is huge there and attendees don't typically buy a whole lot. The + side to Minn was MUCH fewer people.

[ The show in Minn was good, but there are very few vendors for shopping helmets, jackets, etc.. I guess the vendor fee is huge there and attendees don't typically buy a whole lot. The + side to Minn was MUCH fewer people.

I was their a couple of years ago and plan to go this year. vendors are fewer than I was hoping. The snowmobile or (winter) show is much better for vendors. At least it was 5 years ago. I know I would like to see more vendors. Hopefully this year is going to be better. I would also like to see a few more models like they have in Europe. :dribble:

I've never been too the one in Minn. but have been going to the one in Chicago for many years. I used to hit the one in St. Louis too, before they stopped having one there. The biggest difference was in the vendors. The bike displays were pretty much the same. There are usually some good side shows in Chicago, i.e. trials riding or the ball of steel stunt show. I can't remember what parking cost (I think $5 or$6), but it was in line with any other city event. Unlike the auto show at McCormick Place that is usually the same weekend (it was $14 to park). The traffic is not too bad and you can get in and out fairly quick. The walk way from the parking deck is heated. I don't know about this year, but in the past the "Our world underwater show" was held in the same place (Donald Stevenson Convention Center, formerly the Rosemont Horizon) at the same time. If your into scuba diving or looking for a new hobby :rolleyes: It's a great place to try a lot of bikes on for size without having to run from dealer to dealer. Eat before you go in, unless you like buying over priced mediocre food.