Morgan Carbtune

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky3008

Finally got my collarbone fixed!!!
Reaction score
Other than calling Morgan does anyone know of a replacement for this piece? I cut a piece 3 cm long instead of 2 cm. :huh:

Thanks

Parts stores carry hard plastic or nylon ones for vacumn harness repair. Doesn't have to be a specfic id-just so it's small enough to dampen the signal to prevent bounce (the rod, not the member :D ).

I was always taught that you only had a problem if you cut something too short. I must be missing something here. :blink:

Don't the instructions say that the precise length is unimportant? Worst case, the short one will be slightly less damped than the others, it won't affect the absolute reading. Or make them all 2cm which will make them all slightly less damped.

- Mark

I think it might be a matter of not having enough length to securely fasten the hoses. Could be wrong though, just guessing.

I was always taught that you only had a problem if you cut something too short. I must be missing something here. :blink:
Well, the total length is 8cm cut into 4 2cm pieces. Since I cut one 3cm only 5cm are left meaning the other 3 can only be 1.6666cm. So my little understanding of how the equipment works I figured that the one with more resistence/dampening would have a different reading than the others.

From others on the forum and a message from Morgan they say this difference in length shouldn't matter. Of course my wife says length does matter :D

From others on the forum and a message from Morgan they say this difference in length shouldn't matter. Of course my wife says length does matter :D
OK, now I understand. Glad to hear you probably don't really have a problem. Except maybe from your wife's perspective. :haha:

OK, now I understand. Glad to hear you probably don't really have a problem. Except maybe from your wife's perspective. :haha:
No problem there thank goodness. :)

Morgan's user guide notes that the columns (rods) should pulse slightly so the rod doesn't stick (or words to that effect). The guide says that if necessary, trim the length of rubber hose to achieve this slight pulsing. If you try the odd sized restrictors and find too much pulsing you should be able to substitute a slightly longer hose then trim the hose(s) until all the rods slightly pulse.

"No matter how many times I cut that board it is still too short." <_<

Alan