MotoGP '06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nusman68

Reaction score
My neighbor got back from his trip to Monterey for the MotoGP...(lucky bastard!) we were talking about the usual stuff- Nicky, Rossi, etc etc. Being the engineer he is, he told me how hot it was there and that track temps reached 117 degrees; I told him that must have a been a killer for the tire guys...

He also noticed that the track had deteriorated a lot, (he's been there before) and that the roadrace area appeared to have been 'shifted over' in certain areas (I didn't ask specifics) to minimize problems for the racers; he also reported that entire pieces of track surface were coming off during the race :eek: ..

SO...if the problem is that serious, will it be repaired/resurfaced in time for next year? It sounds like they have been putting off needed repairs. Surely the owner(s) wouldn't want to lose that venue; it's an institution...

Discuss

MotoGP held off all AMA bikes from going on track Sunday until MotoGP was finished! :glare: I saw one track official get out of a car in turn 2, touch his finger to the track in the race line, then taste it! :bad:

According to https://www.speedtv.com/articles/moto/motogp/29466/ the track temp hit 143 which seems more appropriate- it was hot!! :devilsmiley: :devilsmiley: :devilsmiley:

I believe they signed a 5 year deal with MotoGP. There will be some bridge improvements next winter. Last winter saw the mods to runout areas on various turns.

My neighbor got back from his trip to Monterey for the MotoGP...(lucky bastard!) we were talking about the usual stuff- Nicky, Rossi, etc etc. Being the engineer he is, he told me how hot it was there and that track temps reached 117 degrees; I told him that must have a been a killer for the tire guys...He also noticed that the track had deteriorated a lot, (he's been there before) and that the roadrace area appeared to have been 'shifted over' in certain areas (I didn't ask specifics) to minimize problems for the racers; he also reported that entire pieces of track surface were coming off during the race :eek: ..

SO...if the problem is that serious, will it be repaired/resurfaced in time for next year? It sounds like they have been putting off needed repairs. Surely the owner(s) wouldn't want to lose that venue; it's an institution...

Discuss

I'm guessing there will be a few more tweaks in an effort to continue to address the safety issues (didn't hear about it as much this year). With the other events they hold there, you betcha they'll be resurfacing it and I'm guessing it will be at the expense of the company that laid the faulty surface.

Additionally, for their own benefit, they should hold a practice session in a time period that provides a window to react to feedback from the riders.

I watched the broadcast. The announcers reported the track was resurfaced about a month before the race; the purpose was to smooth out bumps riders had complained about last year. Unfortunately it didn't have time to properly cure, and in the turns in excessive heat the track got torn up. Ironically, bumps in strange places popped up and drove the riders nuts. Also tire selections were difficult. But the silver lining for viewers when the AMA races were held off, was watching Randy Mammola giving two up rides at near race speeds to some lucky people -- they got wheelies and stoppies as memories, and it looked awesome!

The track definitely needs work, as it is the smallest and slowest on the GP circuit.

Great racing until the doctor blew up his enine. Yammie is having a horrible campaign this year. Nice seeing an American take it again..........

But the silver lining for viewers when the AMA races were held off, was watching Randy Mammola giving two up rides at near race speeds to some lucky people -- they got wheelies and stoppies as memories, and it looked awesome!

Some of the passengers were looking.... B) :hyper: :w00t:

And some weren't :weirdsmiley:

IMG_9492web.jpg

I believe I saw one of the Bostroms on the back....Sheeeittt !!! With a new pacemaker battery, no shit, I'd do it in a minute !!! Mamola Still Rocks !!! He also is connected to a group that helps distribute medicines into the bush in parts of Africa. A great motorcyclist and representative to us of the 2-wheel ilk !

Bobby :D

I believe I saw one of the Bostroms on the back....Sheeeittt !!! With a new pacemaker battery, no shit, I'd do it in a minute !!! Mamola Still Rocks !!! He also is connected to a group that helps distribute medicines into the bush in parts of Africa. A great motorcyclist and representative to us of the 2-wheel ilk !

Bobby :D
$1000 per lap is what he told me. But then again I am just a peasant.

Heard Rossi's engine problems followed his tire problems.Think it was interview on Yammi's race site .He said he lost part of tire,left side.Wonder if track was responsible,don't recall hearing this about Michelins this campaign?