MotoGp in Austin, I'm going!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMRoadRunner

A Bulls work is never done!
Reaction score
Who is thinking of riding down to Austin TX for the second round April 21st. I am absolutly going down for this. Good food, good music, world class racing on a new track thats has recieved high praise from those who attended the F1 race

• I and several other riders in my riding group are going. I live in San Antonio Tx and rode up to the track a few weeks ago to check the track out. We are going to be staying in the small town of Lockhart Tx. It is located about 18 miles from the track. We will be staying at the Plumcreekinn.com and have double rooms for $76 including tax. Lockhart has some of the best BBQ of any place. One being Black's (80 yrs of operation) another Chisolm's is also a big draw. However, it's not Austin's 6th Street if you want to party.
  • Motorcycle parking at COTA is $30 in parking lot J, it is paved and right next to turn 11 and provides view of straight comming into turn 11 and the .62 mile straight leaving turn 11. F1 cars were hitting 200 MPH. It will be interesting to see if MotoGp bike can to F1 times.
  • If I can figure out how to post a picture, I follow up and post a few shots of my scout trip.

COTATurn11_zps93877839.jpg
Turn 11 at Circuit Of The Americas (COTA) outside of Austin located at El Roy on FM812.

Never been to anything like this. Never been to Austin. Sure would like to go.........
From observations of your various post, I think you would fit right in to the Austin sceen. Attached is a link that was posted before the F1 race last November.