• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

MotoPort Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they can't take two minutes to join the forum then they miss out. Tough shit for them. That is absolutely ridiculous that they can't take 2 minutes to join and post.
Absolutely correct. Group Buys don't operate like that here due to abuses in the past. Our Group Buys are for FJRForum member's benefit. If they can't be bothered to sign up, then fuck 'em.

Johnny... put me down for a set of these babies here:

KEVLAR%20GLOVES_New_New.jpg

Now we are up to 17 players... three to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny,

Is there a showroom for us locals to go check out the gear? From what I can find on the website it isnt clear. I only see a section to request a fitting appt. and dont really see a physical address anywhere.

I would feel more comfortable being able to try on and touch gear that is going to cost 1000 bucks.

Thanks

Johnny,
Is there a showroom for us locals to go check out the gear? From what I can find on the website it isnt clear. I only see a section to request a fitting appt. and dont really see a physical address anywhere.

I would feel more comfortable being able to try on and touch gear that is going to cost 1000 bucks.

Thanks
google maps tells me it's in

970 W Valley Pkwy, Escondido, CA‎

If the group buy goes through on the jacket and pants I'd probably drive down to get measured. Also don't want to spend 1k+ on gear that won't fit properly. :)

If they can't take two minutes to join the forum then they miss out. Tough shit for them. That is absolutely ridiculous that they can't take 2 minutes to join and post.
Absolutely correct. Group Buys don't operate like that here due to abuses in the past. Our Group Buys are for FJRForum member's benefit. If they can't be bothered to sign up, then fuck 'em.

Johnny... put me down for a set of these babies here:

KEVLAR%20GLOVES_New_New.jpg

Now we are up to 17 players... three to go!
Thanks Warchild. Remember that it is 20 of each item we need to get the discount on the item. I put 20 spaces up but we will need more than 20 people to get 20 of everything for a discount.

Yeah! What he said! FTFF's

I doubt Wayne would be very excited about a conglomeration group buy. This thing looks complicated enough as it is, with everybody proclaiming their intentions prior, then having to actually come through in order to get the discount. If there was interest for 25 of each item, then there would be some margin for movement, but it doesn't look that way as yet. I applaud Johnny80s for even attempting this endeavor....

:clapping:

Johnny,

Thanks
Yes there is and you would need to call and talk with Wayne to make an appointment. They are in Escondido but I am not sure the address posted is correct. I highly recommend going in and getting the tour and learning about the materials and the process. Wayne will spend a lot of time with you and answer all your questions.

Today I rode briefly with Motoport gloves of a friend of mine, and it's not going to work for me. The material lets waaaay too much air thru. Apparently they work great for someone who has fully covered handguards.
That should be enough of a testimonial to the gloves' ability to flow air. I have them, and run them year 'round with V-Strom hand guards. If the hands ever get too hot, I just stick 'em out in the airstream for a minute and get great evaporative cooling. In the winter, the grip heaters keep the fingers warm most of the time, and I put on the waterproof overgloves for real cold riding.

Today I rode briefly with Motoport gloves of a friend of mine, and it's not going to work for me. The material lets waaaay too much air thru. Apparently they work great for someone who has fully covered handguards.
That should be enough of a testimonial to the gloves' ability to flow air. I have them, and run them year 'round with V-Strom hand guards. If the hands ever get too hot, I just stick 'em out in the airstream for a minute and get great evaporative cooling. In the winter, the grip heaters keep the fingers warm most of the time, and I put on the waterproof overgloves for real cold riding.
That's the reason I'm buying this stuff, 95-105+ F houston heat half the year. The rest of the year its pretty nice 70-85 except for those few "winter" days where it gets down to 35-40 or so.

For example if we buy 20 jackets we will get 15% off. If we also buy 20 pants we will get 15% off the pants too. If we buy 20 jackets but only 10 pants then we will only get the discount on the jackets.

I want to clarify this - I will go to Wayne with our forum handles, names and phone numbers once the group buy closes. Remember we need to get 20 pants, 20 jackets and 20 gloves to get the full discount on everything. If we get 20 pants, 15 jackets and 20 gloves on ly the pants and gloves get the discount.

Send me a note if you need clarification.
If clarification is needed I think the only thing you can do is to start drawing pictures. Maybe a video.

For example if we buy 20 jackets we will get 15% off. If we also buy 20 pants we will get 15% off the pants too. If we buy 20 jackets but only 10 pants then we will only get the discount on the jackets.

I want to clarify this - I will go to Wayne with our forum handles, names and phone numbers once the group buy closes. Remember we need to get 20 pants, 20 jackets and 20 gloves to get the full discount on everything. If we get 20 pants, 15 jackets and 20 gloves on ly the pants and gloves get the discount.

Send me a note if you need clarification.
If clarification is needed I think the only thing you can do is to start drawing pictures. Maybe a video.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Put me down for a one-piece suit... will consider a jacket/pant combo if the website ever returns to full function so I can see what I'm purchasing. My love of a one-piece is the lack of effort or time needed to dawn on full gear as well as the ease of hanging/storage at work. IF the jacket and pants zip together and can be left zipped together indefinitely while maintaining easy application/removal of the pair, then I may convert. The previously mentioned website link is good, but as slow as some of my coworkers. I'll check it out more later.

If one piece suit, then the waterproof/windproof liner would also be purchased.

If two piece, the appropriate liners would also be purchased.

worldbound4now

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came over from Advrider.com for the group buy....

Put me down for the gloves.

Nice site you folks have and don't taze me cause I ride a KLR.

Here's my little Motoport mesh review. Still lov'in it.

Motoport mesh review

Put me down for a one-piece suit... will consider a jacket/pant combo if the website ever returns to full function so I can see what I'm purchasing. My love of a one-piece is the lack of effort or time needed to dawn on full gear as well as the ease of hanging/storage at work. IF the jacket and pants zip together and can be left zipped together indefinitely while maintaining easy application/removal of the pair, then I may convert. The previously mentioned website link is good, but as slow as some of my coworkers. I'll check it out more later.
If one piece suit, then the waterproof/windproof liner would also be purchased.

If two piece, the appropriate liners would also be purchased.

worldbound4now
You would be the only person getting a one piece suit. You can have a 2 piece zipped together. I am picking up mine later in the week.

I am not going to put you on the list until decide what you want. Just let me know by posting it here.

I just came over from Advrider.com for the group buy....
Put me down for the gloves.

Nice site you folks have and don't taze me cause I ride a KLR.

Here's my little Motoport mesh review. Still lov'in it.

Motoport mesh review
Got you on the list. Thanks for the review.

In for pants.

Thanks!
Got you too.