• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

MotoPort Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice site you folks have and don't taze me cause I ride a KLR.
Several of our members have a dual sport in the garage too!

IF the jacket and pants zip together and can be left zipped together indefinitely while maintaining easy application/removal of the pair, then I may convert.
They can, but after 4 years I find that I have to check the zipper, as it will slide open with the jacket hanging off my back. No big deal.

If one piece suit, then the waterproof/windproof liner would also be purchased.
If two piece, the appropriate liners would also be purchased.
I definitely would not buy a mesh suit w/o the liners. However, I've found that poly fleece garments are far superior to the Motoport insulated liners, and look much better when worn while walking around all the cool destinations we visit.
If I expected to ride regularly in the rain, I might get a one-piece wind/rain-proof liner to go under the two-piece suit.

If we get to the goals, I would jam Wayne up about giving 15% off the liners as well, even if 20 of those aren't purchased....

Last edited by a moderator:
You can give the link out but everyone needs to be a member of this forum to get in on the group buy. I can put you down for the gloves and if we don't reach 20 you are not obligated.
Let me know.
go ahead and put me in for the gloves.

AWE Phuck It. make it 2 pair. I'll get some for the wife too

Thanks for the clarification, Johnny; I had not picked up on the fact that we 20 of each item in order to enjoy the discounts... definitely changes things. :huh:

Seven more orders to go for the gloves... numbers pants and jackets don't look quite as promising yet.

So what happens if we get 20 orders for the gloves, hand trace drawings are sent in, majority of orders are paid for, etc, etc, but in the end, 2-3 people end up bowing out for whatever reason. Is Wayne still going to honor the discount then?

OK. Put me down for two pair of the kevlar jeans. Daughter "Crash" needs a pair, too. Are we up to 20 psairs of pants, Johnny?

Thanks for the clarification, Johnny; I had not picked up on the fact that we 20 of each item in order to enjoy the discounts... definitely changes things. :huh:
Seven more orders to go for the gloves... numbers pants and jackets don't look quite as promising yet.

So what happens if we get 20 orders for the gloves, hand trace drawings are sent in, majority of orders are paid for, etc, etc, but in the end, 2-3 people end up bowing out for whatever reason. Is Wayne still going to honor the discount then?
When everyone puts in their orders here. I will take everything to Wayne and talk to him. I can't really promise anything more than that right now. In the end it is up to Wayne. I will do my best for the group.

ADMIN NOTE:

From the Group Buy forum rules at the top of every Group Buy page:

MODERATION: Unlike regular sub-forums on FJRForum.com, the Group Buy forum is subject to unilateral moderation. Posts that have no real Group Buy-specific content may be edited/removed at any time.
The owner of this Group Buy is Johnny80's. No one else. Others will not fuck with this Group Buy in any form or fashion, lest they be virtually squashed like a bug. Word.

Carry on.

Update:

The totals so far are Jackets 8, Pants 12, Gloves 13.

We have 22 people signed up so far and we have only been posted up for a week. Not too bad so far. A few days before the 30th I will have people send me their info so I can turn everything on the 30th. Please do not send me your info until then. I want to clear my inbox first.

That is all.

Put me down for a one-piece suit... will consider a jacket/pant combo if the website ever returns to full function so I can see what I'm purchasing. My love of a one-piece is the lack of effort or time needed to dawn on full gear as well as the ease of hanging/storage at work. IF the jacket and pants zip together and can be left zipped together indefinitely while maintaining easy application/removal of the pair, then I may convert. The previously mentioned website link is good, but as slow as some of my coworkers. I'll check it out more later.
If one piece suit, then the waterproof/windproof liner would also be purchased.

If two piece, the appropriate liners would also be purchased.

worldbound4now
Worldbound, I was thinking about a one piece too but was talked out of it. The Ultra Mesh II is 3/4 length, and while it can be made with a zipper, I don't think it requires it. The pants have two zippers, one size goes to the knee and the other goes all the way up. Consequently, getting out of the pants is easy as a Stich suit and no need to remove boots.

Consider the 2 piece instead, I am glad I did.

Count me in for a jacket.

However, I'll be on vacation the 25th through Nov 2nd without access to the forum. If you need particulars before the 2nd, let me know.

I just got back from picking up my gear. They did a great job. I am really happy with the gear for the 30 minutes I wore it on trip home. Very comfortable.

I talked with Wayne quite a bit and he said if we get to 10 on any 1 item we will get a 10% discount on that item. When we get to 20 of an item we will get the full 15% discount. I will update the original post with this info after I eat my long delayed lunch.

To give you an idea of the type of discount we are looking at here if you buy a jacket, pants, and gloves with all the extras it will run you about $1500. The 15% discount on that is $225.

Not bad. B)

Talked with Wayne again today. He said we could leave the buy open longer if anyone is interested. I am happy to do that but when we make 20 I was going to give him the info so guys could get in the queue. Once we get two more jackets we have 10% off everything. When we hit 20 of an item it will qualify for 15% off.

Totals so far - Jackets 8, Pants 12, Gloves 16

Would this help anyone out if we left group buy open for a few weeks longer? Maybe for spouses planning a nice Christmas gift?

Let me know.

Talked with Wayne again today. He said we could leave the buy open longer if anyone is interested. I am happy to do that but when we make 20 I was going to give him the info so guys could get in the queue. Once we get two more jackets we have 10% off everything. When we hit 20 of an item it will qualify for 15% off.
Totals so far - Jackets 8, Pants 12, Gloves 16

Would this help anyone out if we left group buy open for a few weeks longer? Maybe for spouses planning a nice Christmas gift?

Let me know.

I'm on the list for a jacket but I'm not in a hurry. I don't mind holding out for a few more to join in order to get the bigger discount.