Motorcycle Consumer News is going to poll FJR owners next month

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan23

Reaction score
I think they allow polls from non-suscribers... is someone going to put the form here?

Well? Whatcha gonna say?

EDIT: This is in the June 2007 issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got any other info?

Is this in the latest issue? I didn't see anything about it.

What do you mean by poll? Specific questions? Or completely open ended?

Its on the last page of the May issue of MCN. They have a small listing of what is coming up for the next month issue. The questions vary, some yes and no , some requiring written answers. It is usually quite well done.

I have suscribed to MCN for some years , great Mag.

Not sure if they will except E-mail from a non suscriber, guess we will have to wait and see what the instructions are.

Mac

I like the FJR so much I have owned three of them... Whats not to like... :yahoo: Smitty

Funny, I read that as the results were to be published next month, so I was trying to rack my meager amount of gray matter into recalling when the poll was offered...

Got any other info?
Is this in the latest issue? I didn't see anything about it.

What do you mean by poll? Specific questions? Or completely open ended?
May issue, back page, lower left.

Have had my 07 19 days, 520 miles.

Missing on at least on cylinder, probably two.

Smoke coming out from under the engine.

Trailered bike to the dealers today.

Time will tell whether I have a warm fuzzy feeling for the bike or just a bad taste in my mouth.

Mac

Have had my 07 19 days, 520 miles.
Missing on at least on cylinder, probably two.

Smoke coming out from under the engine.

Trailered bike to the dealers today.

Time will tell whether I have a warm fuzzy feeling for the bike or just a bad taste in my mouth.

Mac
That's it?! No mas? Oh, dude, you need to start another thread to document this shit. This is a biggie, IMO.

The pole is already compleated. I remember filling it out but don't remember when. They are publishing the results next month.

The pole is already compleated. I remember filling it out but don't remember when. They are publishing the results next month.
I don't think so, but you may have filled one out for the pre-'06 model. If MCN was going to publish the results, that's what they'd have said.

No mention of an FJR owner poll on the cover of any '05, '06, or '07 MCN issue, nor in the article index in the Dec. '05 or Dec. '06 issue.

So, I think this is a new poll.

Now, whatcha gonna say? ;)

Just became a subscriber. Hopefully they will get it to me in time for the poll. My response: "God, I l love this bike. Sleeps 1 person comfortably; will try 2-up soon. Can someone help pry it off my butt? I just can't seem to get it off me, and the waste bag is near overflowing." :yahoo:

MCN published my letter requesting an FJR Owners Survey in the Feb. '05 issue so I'm happy to see they're giving it some space next month.

The Survey will be a great place to air your experiences and comments, beefs and bouquets. IMHO I believe that MCN carries a lot of clout with manufacturers as the mag is not biased with advertising dollars. I've got a feeling that when the results are in the comments will be more positive than negative..in spite of the epidemic of ticking issues that prompted my letter.

Thanks once more to Warchild for his detailed posts and his work with Yamaha USA as he laid the groundwork for many a fixed ticker.

BTW I'm still riding my rebuilt 03 and it's still awesome. B)

Kasey

OKMac,

You gotta be kidding me. Japanese motorcycles just don't do what you're claiming happened to yours. Did your dealer deliver it without oil in it? Maybe he stored it under water for a month before you took delivery. I used to work for a dealer and prepped may Hondas and Suzukis right out of the crate. Never have I seen anything like what you're claiming. Not saying it's not possible but I'm really skeptical....Can you offer any more detail or is this a hit and run?

Just received my MCN today and it has the survey of the FJR in it. Hope all you folks fill it out as I would like to see the results.

Mac

OKMac,You gotta be kidding me. Japanese motorcycles just don't do what you're claiming happened to yours. Did your dealer deliver it without oil in it? Maybe he stored it under water for a month before you took delivery. I used to work for a dealer and prepped may Hondas and Suzukis right out of the crate. Never have I seen anything like what you're claiming. Not saying it's not possible but I'm really skeptical....Can you offer any more detail or is this a hit and run?

The owners manual clearly states not to let the smoke out of the bike. It needs a certain amount inside to function properly, let it out and you got trouble for sure. :dribble:

Who was it that sells replacement smoke?
Got my bikie to break the smoking habit and now everything is fine. Didn't even need a patch, just went cold turkey.

Mac

Latest posts