Motorcycle Consumer News (MCN) is back (hopefully)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm only 2 months in to the curre subscription extension. They stopped taking 4 year renewals some time back, then dropped 3 and 2; leaving only 1 year at a time. I got more out of 1 issue of MCNews than I did from a year of any other ad-driven magazine.

Nooooo.......

Been a long time subscriber.  Was just reading the current issue in the can yesterday.  

Not sure how long I have on my subscription.  Man, the best source of unadulterated reviews.

I have 10 months left on my current 1 year extension. I used to get them in 4 year blocks. When they stopped that, I did it in 2. When they stopped offering discounts at the International Bike Shows, my main reason for going gone too. In recent years they only offered annual. I guess they did me a favor.

Bummer. :(   That's the only motorcycle rag I subscribe to.

Luckily, I only have 3 more issues not coming. Definitely not worth my time to file a claim for $6.

God Damn it.  I'm paid out till June of 2021.  The internet is great but I guess I'd rather sit in my recliner and read a magazine than on a computer or tablet.

Dang.  I didn't see this coming.  I've been a subscriber years into the black and white editions.

Heartbroken is right.

Damn shame a reliable source of motorcycle info and reviews cannot survive without clutter form bias info from advertisers. 
Actually, not even the ad cluttered versions can survive. I think only Rider survives in monthly print, right? They converted the others into digital only, or quarterly at best.

i think only the U.K. has any decent print monthlies. Sorry to see MCN go belly up, really enjoyed it and Motorcyclist (during the Brian Catterson and Marc Cook helmed versions - the newer one was dreadful).

This is a good magazine. I just received notice from JP magazine ( Jeep), that they shut down. My options were to receive one of two other mags online digital. The digital is convenient but not as easy to read since the print doesn't expand on my computer. Recently I was offered Motortrend for something like .25 cents an issue so they all must be hurting. Newstand prices though are in the $ 6 - 8 range! It is sadly amazing how many businesses are closing in our Country these days because everyone wants delivery on most all goods & services. I'm an old Guy but I actually enjoy physically looking at an item I want to buy and supporting local business when possible.

Getting old ain't for sissies.
Damn, I'm screwed!

giphy.gif

I'm paid up through June 2022. I filed a claim with the publisher and with my credit card company. I loved MCN, 13+ year subscriber. 

I also copied all of the digital back issues from 08-2013 through the last issue 02-2020 in case I wanna revisit their news and reviews.  Best cycle mag I ever read. Candid, honest, unbiased reviews for less than $3 an issue delivered to your door. I was hoping they'd digitize the whole 50 years., they were working on it before they closed.  Big bummer

Motorcycle Consumer News (MCN) is back (hopefully)
I got an email this morning that a vendor website bought the rights to MCN and intends to begin publishing again. I hope they do, and I hope they do it well. I was a huge fan of MCN and am going to be watching to see if they can live up to the original. If they can, I'm all in whatever the cost. Between them and Rider, they were the only publications I read. I'm anxious for their resurrection.

Where's David Hilgendorf and Dave Searle and Fred Rau, Et al when we need em?https://www.2wheel.com/blog/2wheel-m...f#comment-8263

Let's see if they approve my comment. No. They did not. Now I've learned several have asked the same question in the comments and none of them have been published.

"What about those who invested in you with high subscription rates? Will those remaining months be honored?"