Motorcycle cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldGuyNewBike

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I am looking for a cover for my FJR. I bought one on eBay but it fit like sh*t so I returned it. I would like something that can fit over the panniers and is of high quality. It doesn't have to be 100% weatherproof since it will be in my garage but should provide some protection from dust, kids, dogs, etc.

Any recommendations?

I cant stand for the bike to sit in the wet overnight. I ride it in all manner of crap. As I type this, its been dripping wet every day for over a week. I got a Nelson rigg half cover for when

Im parked at a hotel overnight. Love it. Excellent quality. Id go for the full cover if it was in my garage. Might go full if I did it over anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a CoverMAx half cover for mine. It is snug fitting over the bags but that helps stretch it out to make rain run off. It rolls up nicely and comes with a storage pouch.

When I bought my 2013 from BeemerDon's, he gave me two covers from 'Rider of Kawasaki'. Not sure where they came from, but they are the BEST!

My '04 came with an OSI cover. It is a great cover and fits over the Givi 56 liter top box easily. Only place I can find an OSI cover is here at JandD Walter

The Yamaha cover is not waterproof. DAMHIK. The Nelson Rigg full cover IS waterproof and actually fits very well...unless you leave your top box on.

Dan

The Nelson-Rigg covers look good. I don't have a top box. Would XL fit over the panniers? I don't usually have them mounted but I would like to be able to use the cover with them.

I recently posted looking for covers. I was specifically looking for a half-cover - something that would pack small and be more suited to travelling rather than in the garage. Some good information in this thread despite the fact that your criteria differ from mine. For use in the garage to keep dust off, you don't need much.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/174849-motorcycle-cover/

I have a Nelson Rigg 1/2 cover in a XL size. It will not over a top box but will cover the panniers. Keeps the rain off and works great.

Hey Guys, I am looking for a cover for my FJR. I bought one on eBay but it fit like sh*t so I returned it. I would like something that can fit over the panniers and is of high quality. It doesn't have to be 100% weatherproof since it will be in my garage but should provide some protection from dust, kids, dogs, etc. Any recommendations?
Before you spend a lot of money for a dust cover, I have a new, never been used full cover that will cover your bike with bags on. If you are primarily using it in your garage it will do the job. To further protect your bags from kids use some large towels or a blanket over the bags then cover. This bag is water resistant and can be used on road trips. I have been using the same cover brand for the past 5 years as a cover when traveling and it works well. You can have the new bag for $20 plus shipping. PM me if interested.