Motorcycle Show

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havard

Reaction score
Has anyone been to the National motorcycle show that is traveling around the United States. I was thinking about going to Cleveland's show this weekend but wanted if it is worth the time. Been riding a year and looking for farkles for my FJR. Any good prices at these events or not.

These shows mainly showcase new models and updates to existing ones. There are some vendors,like Arai, Shoei. But as I remember there aren't a lot of sale items to purchase.It is a great place to see & sit on new models and talk to some of the factory guys. I wish we still got those shows here in Denver. We had them for a couple years then they went away. Either they do not bring in enough money or the convention center here charges too much for the use fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
There have been numerous posts about this show, starting in the PNW, then down Cali (I saw it in the SF Bay area), and I think Texas, etc. I made a couple of purchases there--like one of these--and posted about them; others did too. Lots of vendor booths with clothing, boots, helmets, comm equipment, lighting, storage, etc. You won't find too much that's sport touring-specific, but there's some. Lots of new bikes, lots of antique bikes, custom bikes, etc. It's pretty interesting overall, IMO.

Has anyone been to the National motorcycle show that is traveling around the United States. I was thinking about going to Cleveland's show this weekend but wanted if it is worth the time. Been riding a year and looking for farkles for my FJR. Any good prices at these events or not.
I went to New York last weekend, there were a lot of vendors and all of the manufacturers, all in all, a good show.

I went to New York last weekend, there were a lot of vendors and all of the manufacturers, all in all, a good show.
Any good things on sale

I went to the Detroit (actually Novi) stop this year for the 3rd year running and came away VERY disappointed. Numerous manufacturer no-shows (notably BMW and Triumph, but also no Can-Am and several others), no deals to be had (I can't tell you how many vendors told me to "just order from our website") and a much larger contingent of non-motorcycle vendors (at least now I know how to keep my basement dry!).

All in all, I'm glad my admission was free.

I've been attending the Long Beach one for quite a few years now.. Last 3 years with a press media pass. Good show to attend if you just like motorcycles in general. Sitting on new models is probably my favorite.. the new VFR1200F was nice, but I still like the FJR better.

I love motorcycles and I love motorcycle shows. Unfortunately, this year they skipped Houston so I didn't make it. It doesn't matter if I don't buy anything, I love looking and sitting on all the bikes.

I went to the Cleveland show yesterday. It was nice and there was some good deals to be had. Thank s for the thoughts everyone.

I didn't see a lot of deals, but i did see a lot of motorcycles and related stuff. It was a lot better than the last show I went to about two years ago. You know chopper this and chopper that, and hey, I'm a Harley guy at heart but that $hit is getting old to me too.

DC

BMW wasn't at the show I was at, but Can Am was... Gotta admit, I don't really see the allure of it :(
My wife and I were walking thru the Can Am display at NY. We were looking at the new touring model when a woman came over and asked if I would mind answering a few questions. The next thing I know there's a camera in my face. She asked my opinion about the Spyder but I don't think she cared for my answers. Although I think it's a cool design, i can't see myself giving up two wheels for three. I mentioned that it might be good for people who might have trouble holding a regular bike. She took that to mean old people. Truth be told, if I had lots of extra cash, I would probably consider one as a toy. But I couldn't give up the two wheel lean.

went to mn show last year. was interesting but wasn't work the 1.5 hour drive each way plus the admission.

this forum is by far the best place to learn about farkles.

My first show was in Atlanta GA in 08 to look at the new R1. While there, a Ducati dealer/owner invited me to his store to ride whatever was on the showroom floor. I rode a 750 Monster and a 900SS. Dat was cool! Anyway, all the new bikes were there, gadget and apparel venders and indoor trials as well. Sense then, I've gone every year, Dallas, Dallas & Houstan, now just Dallas. I enjoy anything motorcycle so the shows are good for me. Also, some shows have demo rides as did Dallas this past November for the first time. I rode a VMax and an R1. As far as deals, venders, etc. that varies year to year. Just go. It'll be fun.

My first show was in Atlanta GA in 08 to look at the new R1. While there, a Ducati dealer/owner invited me to his store to ride whatever was on the showroom floor. I rode a 750 Monster and a 900SS. Dat was cool! Anyway, all the new bikes were there, gadget and apparel venders and indoor trials as well. Sense then, I've gone every year, Dallas, Dallas & Houstan, now just Dallas. I enjoy anything motorcycle so the shows are good for me. Also, some shows have demo rides as did Dallas this past November for the first time. I rode a VMax and an R1. As far as deals, venders, etc. that varies year to year. Just go. It'll be fun.
Oops, I went to the Atlanta show in 98 to look at the R1.

went to mn show last year. was interesting but wasn't work the 1.5 hour drive each way plus the admission.
this forum is by far the best place to learn about farkles.
That doesn’t sound encouraging. I will be driving 3.5 hours with the family to check out the Minneapolis show this weekend.