Motorrad Riser vs Helibar Bridge

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm late to this thread and new to the site. I installed the Helibars bridge. A couple items not previously mentioned:
With Motorrad the device must be removed to do steering stem maintenance. (Should be 16,000 miles apart unless looseness is detected on inspection). With the Helibars you might not have to remove it. However, one needs a very shallow 36mm socket to have a shot at it. I've got one coming, will report back.

With Helibars raising the tank requires either removing/reinstalling the device or unbolting not just the front mounting bolts, but the rear "pivot" bolt, as well. I can't tell if that's true for the MV. Could someone respond?

The Helibars approach to the front brake line is definitely not cosmetically pleasing. And it's kind of weird. I had their equivalent product on my NT700 and they supplied new front brake line and throttle and clutch cables.
The installation for the MV Motorrad is really easy!About one hour job..
smile.png

Have a read in this nice thread in all the pages..:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/146408-my-impressions-of-the-mv-motorrad-bar-riser/
Thanks. Answers my question. The MV also interferes the same way as the Heli with tank lifting.

I'm late to this thread and new to the site. I installed the Helibars bridge. A couple items not previously mentioned:
With Motorrad the device must be removed to do steering stem maintenance. (Should be 16,000 miles apart unless looseness is detected on inspection). With the Helibars you might not have to remove it. However, one needs a very shallow 36mm socket to have a shot at it. I've got one coming, will report back.

With Helibars raising the tank requires either removing/reinstalling the device or unbolting not just the front mounting bolts, but the rear "pivot" bolt, as well. I can't tell if that's true for the MV. Could someone respond?

The Helibars approach to the front brake line is definitely not cosmetically pleasing. And it's kind of weird. I had their equivalent product on my NT700 and they supplied new front brake line and throttle and clutch cables.
smile.png

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/146408-my-impressions-of-the-mv-motorrad-bar-riser/
Thanks. Answers my question. The MV also interferes the same way as the Heli with tank lifting.
''The MV also interferes the same way as the Heli with tank lifting.''

Nope,have a read here:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/146408-my-impressions-of-the-mv-motorrad-bar-riser/?p=1060356

Last edited by a moderator:

smile.png

''The MV also interferes the same way as the Heli with tank lifting.''

Nope,have a read here:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/146408-my-impressions-of-the-mv-motorrad-bar-riser/?p=1060356
Well I saw one poster say that it did. I will say pictures show otherwise, but I admit I didn't read every single post. Which one says otherwise? It's a long thread.

Just saw this thread. I have installed the Helibars bridge. The brake hose extention is not as nice to look at as a standard hose, but works just fine. You do need to cut the factory hose/cable guides to remove the guide assembly, which also has the bar attachment, from the triple clamp or you would need to disconnect all the lines and cables going through these metal wire guides so you could pull the lines/cables out of them. I installed this because I wanted the bars as far back as I could get them, and from the published specs the Helibars bridge puts them further back then the Motorrad Riser.

Latest posts