• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD HeliBars Complete Tripple Clamp +2 Ram balls

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GillaFunk

Reaction score
My '13 came wtih one of these HeliBars complete triple clamps. Its the whole kitten-kaboodle that totally replaces the entire stock tripple clamp and adds bar risers. Even has 2 RAM mount ball posts for other farkles.

This thing has larger dimensions than sock, and it interferes with my oversized tank. I dont want it. I have not removed it because Im still riding the bike daily.

$150 obo

Its got some markings from the keys and whatnot, but its not damaged. Put some elbow grease on it and it will be perdy.

sample photo

Will come with whatever else the stock clamp doesn't need plus those 2 install RAM ball things.

InstallAttempt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like the same Helibar mount I have on my 2011 Gen 2, so it should fit any Gen 2 as well. GLWS.

I have the same riser on my Gen 2,also have the original triple tree for sale if needed.

PM me if interested,I can send pics.

Turns out I dont need. Yeah for you and yeah for me :)

Picked up a bike on fly and ride and was surprised by:

-less miles than quoted

-full set leather RDL saddles

-heli triple clamp

-Zumo 550 thrown in

Somebody pinch me

Mike just needs the helibridge. And he will wonder why he didnt get one sooner. Someone is sure to snap up this tripple clamp.

It's kind of a funny story, and kind of a big pain in the ass. Gilla--Kiel--recently got a big Frankentank for his '13 A but the bars hit the big tank now on a full lock turn.

I bought a set of Genmar risers that would let his bars clear the tank and we were going to switch. But as he said, the fork clamps on my stock triple clamp were too big for his A model, and those clamps wouldn't even go over my forks (something Heli didn't even know about, and probably good information for the forum here, too.) Heli couldn't tell me if their older model triple clamp would work on my '14 ES or not. They'd never tried to test fit one. They did say one of those Helibridges Bill refers to above would work for sure and they'd be happy to sell me one.

Bottom line: we tried the switch and pulled both bikes apart, but ended up putting them back together again. I put the Genmar risers on the '14--they give me most of what I want--and Kiel Heli triple clamp is back up for grabs. Somebody with an A model, Gen 2 or 3, could still use them and probably love them, but he'll need a stock triple clamp. But he's pretty good at removing and installing those babies now.

It's kind of a funny story, and kind of a big pain in the ass. but he'll need a stock triple clamp. But he's pretty good at removing and installing those babies now.
Fellow rider hooked me up with a stock clamp. I've ordered risers, so once those come in I'll be golden.

smile.png
Pain in the ass having to make all those tips to your place to try this swap. LOL. But at least you got your risers installed!

I will take the heli riser if they fit on a 15a and if there is no drilling out ignition. I may be confusing another brand, thoughts?

Dave

So I'm confused; do these fit a GenIII A model (2015 A, to be exact) without modification?
You WILL have to drill out the tamper resistant nuts holding the ignition on, no matter what year your bike is. Its really not hard if you get the right drill bits and a vice. Mike and I did it in about 35 min, but we were being overly cautious. (We should have taken pics, now that I think about it)

You will also need to have 48mm daim. fork tubes. SacramentoMike had, what appeared to be 49mm (or larger) stock tubes or it was the electronic suspension adjustment on his '14. There was a ridge at the top of his tubes that prevented this aftermarket clamp from sliding on.

I have since acquired a stock clamp from a Gen II and installed it no problems.

I'd say the answer to bruin's question is yes, should fit the A model. We decided it was the ES/inverted forks issue that caused the incompatibility between Mr. Funk's and my bikes. As for the drilling, it wasn't bad, but if you have or can borrow access to a drill press, it would go a heck of a lot easier and more accurately than just a hand-held drill. Although with that said, even though I got a bit off and one of the holes came out a little out of round, it didn't affect mounting or performance. And once you remount the clamp and everything, it's buried so deep not only will nobody ever see it again, you'll forget it yourself.

Kiel--PM coming in to you. Think I found your missing 1/4" drive Husky wrench.
smile.png