Mounting The Beast

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alternative 1- Grab on to the left of the saddle with both hands, put the left foot on the left peg and lift your weight up, then, put your right foot on the pillion left peg and push yourself up a bit higher. Now, reach over the saddle, and grab firmly from the right side of the saddle with both hands, pull yourself up and rest your belly on the saddle. Stretch your arms all the way to reach the brake lever and pull from it (this will elevate your pelvis to reach the saddle. At that point, grab onto the gas tank with your left hand and, at the same time, lift your right leg over the left side case. Stop to take some air and dry your perspiration. Now, move your right leg over the saddle to reach the right side case. Grab on the base of the handle bars with your right hand and pull you body forward. bend your right knee and let your right foot drop on the right side of the bike. Push on the gas tank, and elevate your torso. Ok, now you are straddling the bike, all you have to do is reach the floor to lift the bike
that's one big-assed bike. do you need a climbing harness? :haha:

OK, if you guys think the centerstand is a big whoop, check out this month's issue of Motorcyclist wherein they explain how to pivot your bike 180 degrees while balancing it on the side stand.  Me thinks I'll not give that a go...
Tim,

describe for me how they explain pivoting on the Side stand.

Main stand, yes, Side stand ??

Howard

Here is a silly idea that I use a lot.  ;)   Try mounting the bike from the right side.
:bigeyes: My God, Man!! Are You Insane?! Never, I repeat, Never, mount anything from the right side! This includes, but is not limited to; motorcycles, horses, lawn mowers, fork trucks, bicycles, tractors, and steamrollers. Vehicles with doors and golf carts are exempt. Mounting from the right is bad mojo, and may cause severe bodily injury. Individual results may vary.

I've seen a video of a guy with a Busa doing it... you basically put down the sidestand... grab the handlebars, and standing on the left side, lever the bike's weight directly over the sidestand... then slowly make it do a pirouette.

Not something I'm willing to try with my bike, but very cool to see someone else do.

Sure.

Basically, you put the bike on its side stand. Then, standing on the left side of the bike, left hand on the left bar, right hand on any grab point towards the rear, pull the bike so that the top leans into you, the wheels are off the ground and the weight of the bike is fully supported by the side stand. As you gingerly balance your 600 lb., 11,000 dollar bike, take little side steps rotating your precariously balanced baby.

Since you were so kind to email me those mp3's I'll try and scan the article and email it to you. Or, PM me your fax number and I'll fax it to you.

Latest posts