Mr Max Is Back

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's still ugly. A product of Fischer-Price Design Studios© Does the tach needle go up and down when you turn the bars? Cool... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still ugly
So, what's you point?
radman.jpg

Twist the throttle and it stops being ugly. Go into a corner really hot and it starts getting ugly again.

How can it be that fast? 10.5 compression ratio 1200cc ???
It's not that quick or fast [high 10's in the 1/4 mile] It is HOW it is quick that is the thrill. Got V-Boost? Like Evil Bandit it is a hooligan machine. Only problem I had with my 'Max was the front tire and gas tank kept blocking my view of the road ahead.
Alan

How may hp are "tremendous, hard-hitting power"?
Say what? I can't find my secret decoder ring, want to try again :p
I think I know what you are asking and I have an answer, I feel the geek glasses coming on....

Alan

I loved my V-max and rode it for years before I realized that corners were not scary. The Max is a great straight line dragster but it like a wet mattress in the corners. I learned alternate routes to avoid twisty roads...

I got to ride a buddies R-1 and learned that corners were fun and that ended my relationship with cruiser bikes. Sold the Max and bought a sport bike. The FJR is the slowest, heaviest handling bike that I have owned in years. I love it but I also bought it knowing that it is a sport touring bike and not a sport bike.

The V-max is what I call a 'but' bike.

It is a great cruiser, amazing fast in a straight line and the power rush is a drug 'but' ...

If you have the opportunity to experience a V-max, I highly recommend it.

I was really hoping to see the chassis stiffened up on the V-Max for '06 in order to help eliminate the chassis flexing in high speed corners. . .that can get your attention real quick. To add to whats been said already, high speed sweepers on the V-Max is akin to wrestling a 90+mph writhing, wet, queen size mattress. Ugly indeed. :eek:

BUT. . .

Hit that V-boost in a straight line and you know instantly what it's all about. :D

Funny...Mt-01 over there. Yamaha really had a chance with the MT-01 and considering they did develop the V-Max, you would think they could get it right. The MT-01 replacing the V-Max is kinda like Ford trying to replace the Mustang with the Probe back in the 80's. :nono:

Oh yes, you must, must ride a V-Max before you hang up the ride gear and enter the next life...at least once. Right up there with slamming a Cobra 427 0 to 100 to 0....anyone remember that picture?

Try an Aprilla Tuono R if you can find one. It would instantly invoke criminal thoughts in anyone!! I was actually too scared of my suppressed evil side to buy it, lest it change me irreversably. :p

BAD BIKE, BAD!! :ph34r:

I like the way it looks and if I lived in a climate where I could ride year round I would probably have one, after I added an R1 or Hayabusa to my collection. But being in the Northeast with a limited riding season I can't justify spending all my fun bucks on new bikes.

Anyway, it's not a Yamaha, it's a Star - they stuck it in with with cruisers.