• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Muffler Tailcones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived last week while we were on a road trip.

I put 'em on the other morning and they look great! They did quiet down the Trooper mod a wee bit.

If I remember I'll take a picture this weekend.

OK so it took longer than the weekend.

Since so many guys were going with the black ones, I went with something different. Jury's still out on the looks - I may go to a set of black ones, but what do I care - I like the change in exhaust sound (Trooper-mod'd exhaust) and I only see the 'cones when I'm not riding, so, meh...

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

And for the record, the 'cones themselves are typical Garauld.

to help me decide about the trooper mod

what do I need and cost to me for tailcones and replacement exit pipe

so I can try the mod and still have the option to go back to stock...you know, sound wise ???

thanx Gary

Mike

in Nawlins'

I just did the trooper mod and added the tailcones. They look great and installation is cake taking probably less than 5 minutes. Nice cheap mod that sounds sweet and looks even better.

Ho ho no - the stocking stuffer deal is over, but I have some more left at $75 delivered if you have a stock exhaust, $70 if you performed the Trooper mod. PM me if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Gary for excellent customer service, and a great product! I did the "trooper mod" but regretted it somewhat, because it added a raspy, "fluttering" sound to the exhaust at low RPM. Installing the tail cones eliminated that annoying sound, and the result is a nice, throaty sound at low and mid-RPMs. Thanks again for the quick response, and for a beautifully made product.

David Kaetz

For anyone still on the fence as to whether to order these, I just got a pair of black satin tailcones from Gary and put them on this week, and I am loving them. They really make the stock mufflers look finished, and of course they will make your FJR faster (as long as it is black).

Thanks, Gary!

Elliott

I'm thinking a pair of black ravens would look good.

And just in case Gary ceased to make these again due to lack of interest, or a waning in interest, this post also serves as a bump to see if anyone else might be thinking of ordering up a pr.

Received my tailcones yesterday, and installed last night. What a difference a little black ring makes. Really looks good! Thank you for a fine product sir!

Tim

I am so pleased at how these turned out Gary. The pic doesn't do it justice, a bit too grainy, but the finish is just great. Thanks a ton.

1229.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any of these left for a Gen 2? Stock mufflers no trooper mod. Looking for black.

Are there any of these left for a Gen 2? Stock mufflers no trooper mod. Looking for black.
I ordered a set of these about 10 days ago after Gary had just made up another batch.......so there's a good chance he still has some ready to ship.