My Ass Hurts!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I "rode in" to Russell...and they took pictures. Interesting!

I commute on my bike and have no problems with the saddle, I don't know why that would make a difference. I remember the mechanic @ my dealer sitting on the bike (after some warranty work) saying, "Wow, it's like sitting in a catcher's mitt!" That about sums it up for me.

The Russell seat is one of the few items I was able to salvage off the totalled '04, and I'm glad I did. Unlike OCFJR, my personal limit still hovers at the 500-600 mile-per-day range, but my "little :rolleyes: hiney" doesn't whimper and moan when I get ready for day 2 or 3 or ? In fact, after the ride to Russell, I had some "monkey butt", but that improved on the way home.

Get the saddle you want. It's your money and your posterior. I'm glad for those who don't need this kind of "help", but it made a vast difference to me and worth every penny.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just picturing you stylin' down the hood with your feet up on the highway pegs, with a pimpin', gangsta lean...  Maybe even sporting a purple helmet?
1) I've seen OC's neighborhood. The fly pimps don't hang there, dawg.

2) I do NOT want to know about any purple helmets. I didn't ask, you don't tell, m'kay?

What, an old timer like you doesn't have it on vinyl?
Actually, I have most of my vinyl copied onto CD's. And, yes. I did have Devo on vinyl. Heck, I even have some of dad's 78's converted. Nothing like Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller or Artie Shaw on a long and lonely stretch of interstate...

There is one LP that got severely warped and I've not been able to find it on CD or MP3 (parts but not the entire album). Anyone got a copy of Spooky Tooth's, The Mirror? Let me know if you can get me a copy on CD. PM me with details.

And, who you callin' an old timer? I only have 5 years on you, you young punk! :p

I don't understand how one can get a 'custom' seat suited to them when it has to be done by mail? Do the seat makers ask for measurments, weight, height, etc?
You send in all your measurements, what you don't like about your current seat, and (at least) 2 photos. This last time, I sent in photos from every angle, including knee-when-feet-are-on-pegs. In all, I may have sent 20 photos from different angles.

Let them know you're available to talk to the "Doctor of Buttology" if he has any questions.

When done, they want you to ride it for at least 1000 miles (I recommend 1500 to 2000) to see if you have any problems with the results. If so, then they ask you give them one chance to make it right. From there, they work with you until you're happy or want a refund (100%). Over the years, of all the people I've known who've tried them, I've only heard of 1 or 2 who took them up on their refund offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
:p you guys are funny :clap: shaving your a55, yea I've got my bike underware and 45,000 miles on my stock seat but unfortunately no money for custom seat now so I make due with what I've got. I can still do the miles so there :p .

rogerfjrfaster :bleh:

Points to ponder when you're really bored:

Ever wonder what they do with all those photos of your butt after they're done making your new seat? And remember, somebody has names and addresses to go with them. Hmmm......

Any guesses on how many guys (or gals) will think twice about ordering?

Or actually hope theirs will make it to a web site?

My teacher said I should think outside the box. :eh:

Ever wonder what they do with all those photos of your butt after they're done making your new seat?Any guesses on how many guys (or gals) will ... hope theirs will make it to a web site?
Hmmm... Rad, Bounce... :bleh:

I did the Russell "ride in" and they took lots of pictures and the seat came out fanastic. Much better for long distance riding than the stock! You can't go wrong with this seat. They also did a matching back rest for my Fast Bag set-up. Looks and works great. I will try to post a pic when I figure out how.

Well I have some pix of my Russell saddle, sorry this took so long ..I'm really new at this. OK here goes...

Russell4.jpg

Russell5.jpg

Russell2.jpg

My butt is in the sweeeeet spot now. :rolleyes: I do 8-10 hours for many days in a row and never a problem. I do wear seamless biking shorts underneath my leathers. This really helps for those long days. Hope this helps.