My FJR has Antlers now.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramrezz425

Reaction score
I ordered the finest knock off FZ1 mirrors and installed them last week, They immidiatly broke during the install. The ebay vendor came through and refunded my money fast ($40), I then purchased an OEM set from cheapcyclparts.com for $50.00 each, I just put them on and are super high quality and are giant. but have way better view.
IMG00019-20101110-1844.jpg
I'm happy., Now the search is for some new tires. dr

I ordered the finest knock off FZ1 mirrors and installed them last week, They immidiatly broke during the install. The ebay vendor came through and refunded my money fast ($40), I then purchased an OEM set from cheapcyclparts.com for $50.00 each, I just put them on and are super high quality and are giant. but have way better view.
IMG00019-20101110-1844.jpg
I'm happy., Now the search is for some new tires. dr

What year is you FJR. I just got a 06 with 3000 miles on it and I want to replace the stock mirrors.The FZ1 mirrors I have seen were for gen 1 bikes. Do they fit the gen II ( the 06 specifically)? Any info would be helpful. Thanks

I then purchased an OEM set from cheapcyclparts.com for $50.00 each, I just put them on and are super high quality and are giant. but have way better view.
I bought and installed the OEM FZ1 mirrors as well last week. They are from a 2002 FZ1 and good condition. I got them for a steal on Ebay for $32 total with shipping. One of my cheapest yet most awesome farkles.
yahoo.gif

What year is you FJR. I just got a 06 with 3000 miles on it and I want to replace the stock mirrors.The FZ1 mirrors I have seen were for gen 1 bikes. Do they fit the gen II ( the 06 specifically)? Any info would be helpful. Thanks
I believe the OEM FZ1 mirrors will work even with a GEN II. I think forum member doug5551 has OEM FZ1 mirrors on his 2006 FJR. You could PM him, if a search doesn't show up any results.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the inexpensive ones on ebay and they buzzed a bit too much at speed. Not clear enough for me. Then one broke. Sent em back and got a refund. It's the OEM ones that are the shiznit.

Unless you like them sticking up off the fairing about 1/8", you will need to grind down the little metal nubs on the bike where the mirrors mount. I don't know for sure if they changed the FZ1 mirrors in 06 to where they fit closer to the fairing on a GEN 2 or not. They sat flush on my 04 when I installed a set on it. I love being able to see behind me with no obstructions (knuckles and elbows), so I put some on my 08 when I bought it. I didn't like the look of the mirrors sitting up off the fairing, so I ground the nubs down. Not too big of a deal. Might not bother you or others that much though.

GP :D

I just pulled mine off my 07. Kept smacking cars while I was lane splitting. You don't need blind spot mirrors with the fz1 mirrors. They overlap in their coverage behind you.

I just pulled mine off my 07. Kept smacking cars while I was lane splitting. You don't need blind spot mirrors with the fz1 mirrors. They overlap in their coverage behind you.
my Gen I setup has a blind spot between my periphial vision just over my shoulder and the image in the far outside of the mirror

blind spot mirrors mandatory when it's not a good idea to turn one's head to glance over shoulder in traffic

my Gen I setup has a blind spot between my periphial vision just over my shoulder and the image in the far outside of the mirror

blind spot mirrors mandatory when it's not a good idea to turn one's head to glance over shoulder in traffic

Uhm....I'm a rather "portly" gentleman :rolleyes: and also large framed and I don't have blind spots. In fact, I can see traffic in the other lane and the sides of my Givi top case.

If you can't glance over your shoulder....don't change lanes!

GPRider is correct about the fitment issues with Gen II FJRs.

1.) Order mirrors for a Gen I FZ-1

2.) Gen II FJR has different fairing parts and the metal spacer/bushing is longer at the mirror-fairing interface. In other words, it's the FJR that is changed. The spacer-bushing fits up inside the Gen II OEM mirrors so it will need to be trimmed or replaced with a shorter spacer of some type. I've heard that it's a real bastage to get out of the rubber sleeve on the mirror mount part of the front stay but I've never done it.

My FJR has Antlers now. OEM FZ1 Mirrors now on
Antennae....not antlers!

Uhm....I'm a rather "portly" gentleman :rolleyes: and also large framed and I don't have blind spots. In fact, I can see traffic in the other lane and the sides of my Givi top case.

If you can't glance over your shoulder....don't change lanes!

GPRider is correct about the fitment issues with Gen II FJRs.

1.) Order mirrors for a Gen I FZ-1

2.) Gen II FJR has different fairing parts and the metal spacer/bushing is longer at the mirror-fairing interface. In other words, it's the FJR that is changed. The spacer-bushing fits up inside the Gen II OEM mirrors so it will need to be trimmed or replaced with a shorter spacer of some type. I've heard that it's a real bastage to get out of the rubber sleeve on the mirror mount part of the front stay but I've never done it.

My FJR has Antlers now. OEM FZ1 Mirrors now on
Antennae....not antlers!
loudest/longest rasberry sound, dude

4296412492_d87ff4fa35_z.jpg

loudest/longest rasberry sound, dude
:rofl:

Of course, I'm not looking around all the extras in my cockpit..... ;)

...but I've learned to not trust that space immediately to my side. I look because I can.

Just bustin' yer chops, Mike.

Hugs and kisses.

I joined the "Antlers" club today. Finally have a view to the rear. Priceless, but my dealer price-matched the lowest internet price of $52.82 each at Boats.net.

Next addition, some high power LED lights to hang on the mirrors. Clearwater Kristas are back-ordered 2-weeks, and that is when I get them. Do it right the first time, and you won't have to do it again. :clapping:

Sorry guys but ronayers.com has them for less than $40 each, oem. And yes, I just put mine on last week and love them... you get used to the look real fast and to be honest I saw some stock mirrors on FJRs yesterday and I thought they looked funny to me. The FZ1 mirrors fold all the way up too.

Edit: they're $48.xx each at ronayers.com thanks Tom

Sorry guys but ronayers.com has them for less than $40 each, oem. And yes, I just put mine on last week and love them... you get used to the look real fast and to be honest I saw some stock mirrors on FJRs yesterday and I thought they looked funny to me. The FZ1 mirrors fold all the way up too.
Well 48.59 + shipping. Great price, but not $40. Guess I should have asked before I bought. so I donated $8 to the dealer.

5LV-26280-00-00 REAR VIEW MIRROR A $48.59

5LV-26290-00-00 REAR VIEW MIRROR A $48.59

You're right I was wrong. Could have sworn I paid $38 each but I just checked my invoice and it was my new dash panel that they charged $38 for and yup $48 each for the mirrors. Be careful of that DOT4 stuff it will dissolve and crack that plastic in no time at all.