My Fjr Turned 1 Today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJReady

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I took delivery one year ago today. What a great year it has been. The honeymoon is still in full swing. The odometer says 8800 miles as of this morning, maybe it'll hit 9K if I hit a detour on the way home tonight. Still very satisfied with this awesome bike. It seems to get better with age.

There must be a few others out there from first PDP last year that are hitting this milestone too.

I've had a lot of fun farkling:

CeeBaileys +4+4

Moko Sliders

Fenda Extenda

Magnum Blasters (with relay and heavy wiring, thanks WC)

Heli Risers

Dual-Star grip heaters, GT tacki grips

Powerlet outlet

FZ1 mirrors

I'm very thankful to all the FJR pilots before me that worked out the details of these excellent farkles. This is a great community.

FJReady

Mine will be a year old Aug. 28. This morning I put my second Avon rear on it at 16,557 miles. I'm liking it more and more.

Lee

One year anniversary on August 11th for my 05. I was going to write a similar message next week. Can't agree more with the comments of others, this is an absolutely great bike that I plan on keeping a long time.

Like Lee, closer to 17000 miles and getting ready to put on my second Avon rear tire before the Labor Day weekend trip to Phoenix for the Lee Parks Total Control Riding Clinic. TIre still has meat left on the bone, but they require a minimum of 3mm tread depth and I'll be below that by then. Year 'round riding in the San Diego are is great. :D

Farkles include:

Heli risers

Fenda Extenda

Blue Mag-Knight

Full Tankslapper kit made from 100% 3M stuff

foam slip on grip covers

Rubber throttle hand rest/rocker

Throttlemeister speed control

Magnum Blasters with FJRandy relay

Givi windshield (also bought and sold a CB and large Yamaha already!)

Highway pegs

MOKO's

Carbon fiber stator cover

Yamaha top trunk

Nady FRS/GMRS radio

12 volt plug wired to battery

Phillips Vision plus headlights

LED blinking then solid tail lamps

Shell Rotella T Synthetic in the crankcase and Mobil 1 synthetic in the rear diff.

FZ-1 carbon fiber mirros

Cobra heat shields

Yamaha carbon fiber gas cap cover

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is 4 months old and has a wopping 300 miles on it!! :beee:

Mine is 4 months old and has a wopping 300 miles on it!! 
Might it be because you're spending too much time on this Board and not enough time on the mighty FJR?????

Get out there and ride the darn thing! :atv:

B-day will be 9/5/05 for my BLUE. Currently at 8,705; expect to break into the 9's this weekend with a good weather forecast. Love the bike; Heli-bars are the only mod so far;my bike sounds naked next to some of the farkles I have seen listed. I take the extendedway home after work every day; love the ride. :D

'05, three months old and 3000 fun miles.

Spine, don't feel bad about the 300miles. That's exactally the summer miles that i put on my previous bike. Guess what, the wife talked me into selling it because i didn't ride it much. DOH! I should have never sold it. But on the bright side because i sold that one i got to buy this rocket ship.

mo

Happy birthday! In our member profiles, do we list our BD or Feejers BD?

How did your tires hold out on your "One Lap of the Great North East"?

maybe it'll hit 9K if I hit a detour on the way home tonight
Dang, you musta taken the long way home, I was in Newburyport yesterday afternoon and took a cruise by your house. No FJR in the driveway so I was forced to take a ride up the coast with my sister-in-law who is visiting from Ca.

Alan

More:

Since there is some interest in a NE FJR get together around mid Sept. I will put something together next week. This is on or about the EOM so I'm not to sure how good the timing is. Concord, NH location is Maine friendly, Gardner/Fitchburg/Quabbin is NY, RI and CT friendly.

Congrats ‘Ready!!

Agree with your sentiments. Especially: “I'm very thankful to all the FJR pilots before me that worked out the details of these excellent farkles. This is a great community.”

It’s been a great year. Me one year B-day (Bikeday) is September 18th. For now, have almost 11K miles on her and lots more smiles. :D

Did you forget your vista cruise in your list of farkles? I couldn’t have finished my install if you didn’t throw me that part I needed. (Thanks again. Still owe ya a beer!)

Since there is some interest in a NE FJR get together around mid Sept. I will put something together next week. This is on or about the EOM so I'm not to sure how good the timing is. Concord, NH location is Maine friendly, Gardner/Fitchburg/Quabbin is NY, RI and CT friendly.
Cool. If it's on a weekend, count me in. (please) :)

QUOTE  Since there is some interest in a NE FJR get together around mid Sept. I will put something together next week. This is on or about the EOM so I'm not to sure how good the timing is. Concord, NH location is Maine friendly, Gardner/Fitchburg/Quabbin is NY, RI and CT friendly.

Cool. If it's on a weekend, count me in. (please) 
Several people mentioned that 9/17 (Sat) would be good for them so I am targeting that date.

Anyone interested can send me suggestions, additions, comments, etc -- click on my member name and send me an off Forum note. I will then move the topic to Rides. My Spam Blocker may send you an ominous sounding message [i hate it when that happens but it is part of the package :angry: ] ignore it and the world will go on.

Alan

Roll,

You're are correct sir- I forgot to list the V-C, one of my favorite farkles. thanks for reminder.

Hi Alan,

Sorry I missed your drive-by. I was delayed leaving work. No detour- no 9K milestone. Perhaps tonight during our late afternoon thunderstorms.

I am surprised that my tires still have tread on them. The last mm of rubber is tough. I plan on getting some Avons on order this weekend.

If there is a mini NE-FOG, I hope its the weekend of 9-24,25. I'll booked up the previous 3 weekends. Actually 17th is open but not 18th. Even a one day run up through Lincoln and Bear notch and Evans notch area could be fun. (Hurricane Mountain Rd?) Good time of year for it. Maybe a Mt Washington auto road run?

Fun stuff to think about.