My Impressions of the MV Motorrad Bar Riser

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As i told you,the only difference is the holes.You will not notice any other difference between the two riser plates.Yes i agree with you that also i would like to install a thing that is designed for my bike,but i don't believe that two deeper holes could make any problem on the bike.Also you can't see them,they are under of the rubber caps.I suggest you,try to install the riser plate carefully without to do any scratches on and if it fits then no problem.If it doesn't then send it back to them.Also write a mail and tell them to EDIT THEIR WEBSITE!The descriptions are misleading and causes confusion to their customers!Ιf you are not happy,send it back to them,to resend you the right riser plate without to install it.From what i know they have great customer service.Also let them knows that you are a member in the fjr forum..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrpdrv

I installed the riser, easy thanks to your pics that you stole. Thank you much. Do you happen to know what the torgue specs are for the handlebars? 70 nms is what I read in German. Just want to confirm with someone that did it.

Thanks

Dave

Hello

Does anyone have access to the clutch side small bracket from an MV Riser kit? Im looking for rough dimensions for this bracket and Ill just make a new one.

I am remounting my it to another FJR and I left the bracket on my old FJR.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

(well I guess I should have created a new post. Lets see if this works :) )

Bracket.JPG

dshane... Sorry I missed it, I don't torque stuff... Been Doing this stuff to long to sweat it... I snug stuff up so it won't come lose and not strip threads...

Obviously unless it's critical stuff like heads or clutch stuff...

Pulling this one back up. This has been on my wish list for a while. Seems Greece has the Euro all screwed up right now, to our advantage.

Price + shipping is showing charged on my card at $217.77. If you've been on the fence, now might be a good time to jump on this.

Pulling this one back up. This has been on my wish list for a while. Seems Greece has the Euro all screwed up right now, to our advantage.Price + shipping is showing charged on my card at $217.77. If you've been on the fence, now might be a good time to jump on this.
Greece did the trick in benefit of your wallet..
smile.png
smile.png

Good fast shipping. Left Germany on Monday, today on Wednesday it's in my hands.

Keep us posted. A riser is the best thing I've done to my bike. If I could figer out a way to do it safely, I'd go another inch up and call it done.

I had to jump while the Euro was favorable. Now I have to find the time to install it. Moving to a new house at the end of the month, so things are kinda crazy at the moment. Probably will have to wait till after the move but I'll post back.

Ahh, who am I kidding? I went out and mounted it this afternoon. Only ran into a couple of problems.

1. I won't tell you how much time I spent looking at the bars and forks, and back to the diagrams to get that clutch offset bracket installed. It wasn't too long, but longer than I should have. AE, that part is not needed. Oops.
biggrin.png
Looks like I have an extra in case Ablumny sells his bike with the bracket on it.

2. Getting the brake bracket in...that was an exercise in profanity. I could get one or the other bolt lined up easily enough but getting both and enough purchase on the bolt to thread it in a little bit. Didn't help that it's 101F outside today and I was dripping with sweat including my fingertips. I finally found the right combination of curse words and got it threaded enough to get my tools in there to snug it up.

3. Apparently removing the tank is necessary for the installation of this thing. Sure, it's not in the instructions but when you are installing that nut on the bottom, it's going to get dropped and you know it's going in under the tank. Sure enough, did it twice. Ugh. Getting those nuts lined up into their groove was a bit of a pain but I got it.

4. When I went to install the little cover plates, one of the bolts slid right into that hole on top of the new mounting bolts. Looking at them from above, sure enough, one is drilled and tapped larger than the other. Odd, can't think there's too many applications for these that they'd have the same bolt with a different hole drilled and tapped in it. Maybe Gen I or Gen III have different size cover plate bolts. Who knows? I just shot off an email to MV Motorrad and hopefully they'll come through.

I won't get to ride till this weekend but I think I'm really going to like them. At 5'7" with my arm length, I'm always the proverbial monkey with the football. This feels much more relaxed for sure. Added onto that, I found on my last long trip that on my way home I could feel in my shoulders and back where I was hunched over just a smidge. Back and forth to work that doesn't do much, but over multiple long days it adds up and hurts. I suspect that will be gone now. I'm quite happy with the overall product and how it turned out.

Somewhere here in a related thread is the best advice: tape the nuts into their holes before flipping the riser plate right-side-up to begin the install. Aren't I happy to learn that several hours too late?

Oh well, the experience provided a great opportunity to demonstrate how well I can swear at inanimate objects.

As the Uncle Hud said you could '' tape the nuts into their holes before flipping the riser plate right-side-up to begin the install.
smile.png

As for the problem about the small bolt,email to them to send you a new mounting bolt.I believe that is a hardware failure from them.

I have never heard that someone had a like this problem..!You are the first...and a bit unlucky...
rolleyes.gif
smile.png

Installed mine a couple weeks ago and it went pretty well. Played around with the bar angle some and ended up back at the stock position. This was one of those purchases I'd wished I'd done earlier. The stock bar setup was OK, but this combination of setback and rise of the MV riser really put me in a more comfortable position. Got mine for 217.00 USD in two days from Germany. No buyers remorse here!

My on-call shift finally ended. Tucked the kiddo into bed, suited up and went for a short little ride. Oh yea, love it. This is a huge improvement. Money well spent indeed.

Installed mine a couple weeks ago and it went pretty well. Played around with the bar angle some and ended up back at the stock position. This was one of those purchases I'd wished I'd done earlier. The stock bar setup was OK, but this combination of setback and rise of the MV riser really put me in a more comfortable position. Got mine for 217.00 USD in two days from Germany. No buyers remorse here!
specool.gif

My on-call shift finally ended. Tucked the kiddo into bed, suited up and went for a short little ride. Oh yea, love it. This is a huge improvement. Money well spent indeed.
specool.gif

As for the problem about the small bolt,email to them to send you a new mounting bolt.I believe that is a hardware failure from them.I have never heard that someone had a like this problem..!You are the first...and a bit unlucky...
rolleyes.gif
smile.png
I'm always a bit unlucky it seems. But the folks at MV Motorrad came through and a new bolt was shipped and arrived this week. All installed and good.
FYI, there was a confusion initially that they thought the hole was too small. They offered to let me take the bolt to a machine shop and get it fixed and then send them the bill for reimbursement so I wouldn't have to wait on it to come from Germany. Got that sorted, and a new bolt was on the way. Excellent customer service for sure.