My Impressions of the MV Motorrad Bar Riser

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice report 900gc!

I have the same good impressions from when i installed the MV in my bike..

The Heli risers was very good,but this angle adjustment trick that the guys in MV they make,do all the big difference in comfortable..!!
smile.png

I'm about to install an MV for the same reason as 900GC - the Sargent seat has me further back from the tank, so I need the bars further back to compensate.

(I say "I'm about to install ..." but in reality I'm going to take it and my bike and a batch of cookies to the PNW tech meet and look helpless in the hope that someone installs it for me ...)

One question - I have the tank bolt mounted RAM Mount to carry my Aquabox and Garmin GPS, but I'm assuming that this won't work with the MV plate installed. I have the '09 AE, so no spare mirror mount socket to put a RAM Mount in, therefore I'm looking to drill / tap a hole in the MV plate for a new RAM mount.

Can someone gibe me the part number for which RAM Mount, and the drill / tap size to thread for it ?

Thanks !

A response I sent to someone who asked when they saw that I did it:

"Just get a tap the same size and thread pitch as your RAM ball and then drill a hole where you want it. The tap packaging will tell you what size drill bit to use. This is an easy and quick job because the material is aluminum and not very thick where I installed my ball. I used a 10x1.25mm RAM ball. You can get them on Amazon or Motorcycle Larry's site. As for position, I just eyeballed it and roughly measured for center. It worked out fine."

I posted a pic previously in this thread.

Does anyone else have an extremely tight throttle cable after installing the MV riser on a Gen II? Mine seems quite tight. Anything that anyone did to route the cable a little differentely?

Does anyone else have an extremely tight throttle cable after installing the MV riser on a Gen II? Mine seems quite tight. Anything that anyone did to route the cable a little differentely?
Have you relocate the cables here in the right fork tube with the zip ties?

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently installed these and they are worth the money. Really helps ease the wrist pain I got without them. Plus I can sit more upright and not have to hunch over.

My throttle cables are not tight, but the brake line is VERY tight (and I did move it out of the loop).

Definitely a "must have".

I recently installed these and they are worth the money. Really helps ease the wrist pain I got without them. Plus I can sit more upright and not have to hunch over.
My throttle cables are not tight, but the brake line is VERY tight (and I did move it out of the loop).

Another one happy MV rider came in the fun club..
rolleyes.gif
smile.png

Did you replaced your bracket with the MV bracket to move the brake lines forward?

They shouldn't be very tight..Can you post a picture to see how much tight it is?

We have heard for a tight throttle cable but we haven't heard for a tight brake line..

Last edited by a moderator:

Another one happy MV rider came in the fun club..
rolleyes.gif
smile.png

Did you replaced your bracket with the MV bracket to move the brake lines forward?

They shouldn't be very tight..Can you post a picture to see how much tight it is?

We have heard for a tight throttle cable but we haven't heard for a tight brake line..
Yes, I changed out the brackets. Maybe I'll take another look at it to see if I can find some slack.