My very first EOM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Bill

Old Dog
Reaction score
FR.jpg

This was my first EOM in 2003 at Front Royal Virginia. Rider on left is Krid aka DirkH and fourth from left is WorcesterFJR aka MrBill. Looks like we both made the attendee list this year too!

Last edited by a moderator:
...I remember that picture from the old board.

..."Only two left" makes it sound like you only have 2 years left to live...or are only coming to two more EOMs. Either way, I certainly hope that's not the case. :clapping:

FR.jpg

This was my first EOM in 2003 at Front Royal Virginia. Rider on left is Krid aka DirkH and fourth from left is WorcesterFJR aka MrBill. Looks like we both made the attendee list this year too!
How monochromatic

FR.jpg

How monochromatic
Looks like a couple of those boys have the fancy new '04s with the integrated turn signals, silver wheels, and cooler lookin' silver. :D

Funny how my photos from all those first gatherings have lots of silver bikes in them. :lol:

Here's my first FJR event, "Midwest Tech Day" at Quicksilver's place in the Indy area.

PIC00015.jpg

...I remember that picture from the old board.

..."Only two left" makes it sound like you only have 2 years left to live...or are only coming to two more EOMs. Either way, I certainly hope that's not the case. :clapping:
I hope many more. My FJR is only 9 years old. Sure hope to get another 9 out of it.

The topic titles made it sound like 2011 is my very first eom too, if you didn't know who was writing it!

Here's my first FJR event, "Midwest Tech Day" at Quicksilver's place in the Indy area.

PIC00015.jpg
Wow that's a lot of FJR's for a local event back then! Looks like spring time after all the 2004's were delivered. During EOM 2003 the 2004 bikes were just rolling out so there were only a couple. Fourth bike from the right in the eom picture is LuvToRides bike now.

The original owner of my bike is 4th from right. HA! I bet the bike was MUCH shinier then... & less scuff marks, too.

The original owner of my bike is 4th from right. HA! I bet the bike was MUCH shinier then... & less scuff marks, too.

[/quote]

Ya but the bike was only a couple of weeks old then. Someone got all bent that he was following my tail too close, but I didn't mind because we both rode the same - as smooth as we could. I think the scratches on the center stand, shifter and cans were from his attempt at making the fjr a track bike.

If I remember correctly, there weren't any scrapes on the bike whatsoever... well, that is except the spot on the right can where he dragged it while taking me on a test ride & making a sharp right turn into his neighborhood. I'm such a lead ass! The 2 of us were to much for the suspension to handle.

When I went to his house to pick up the FJR, he had a track bike sitting in the back of his garage.

I'm still in love with my motorcycle... scrapes or not. I'm definitely getting my money's worth. lol!

& I'm going to see all of you folks next week. I'm so excited. Be nice to Bob on the ride down.

The third person from the right looks like FJRVFR. If I have the right person, that makes three signed up for this year.

The third person from the right looks like FJRVFR. If I have the right person, that makes three signed up for this year.
Nope, JohnF isn't that old, he just looks old. He wasn't always a Hillbillie either, he's a New England transplant.

That person third from the right is Slowpoke from your neck of the woods. He one the prize for oldest rider, I think he was in his 70s then.

Nope, Mr Bill is right. I only look that old, and I am, but not that old! Do you follow what I'm saying? :blink:

That guy has a lot more hair on top and a very lot less under. :lol:

Trying to decide whether to make this year's MY first EOM! Work schedule may not allow the 9-10 days I would need to get there and back and enjoy a few days of riding (3 days each way). Gotta decide by tomorrow and make campsite reservations (if even still available) and register.

Trying to decide whether to make this year's MY first EOM! Work schedule may not allow the 9-10 days I would need to get there and back and enjoy a few days of riding (3 days each way). Gotta decide by tomorrow and make campsite reservations (if even still available) and register.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=140253&view=findpost&p=892979

A little more money than the campground. I looked and a bunch still available. You could share a campspot with someone else too if you posted it up in a new thread. That would make it 10 usd a night.

I couldn't make the NERD rally this year, I think you got to go to that one so I don't feel bad for ya. Was hoping to meet you at one of these gatherings this year though!

I'm pretty sure that there is room left in the campground. I canceled site 43 just today. I'm joining the rest of the lodge folks for the weekend.

Latest posts