NAFO #3 - Rally in the Rockies!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ARE WE THERE YET! ARE WE THERE YET! ARE WE THERE YET! ARE WE THERE YET! ARE WE THERE YET! ARE WE THERE YET! ARE WE THERE YET! ARE WE THERE YET!.......

We're getting there. The bike ( a FJR of course) is reserved. I'll be picking it up in Issaquah on the 9th June, before heading South and east through WA, OR, NV and UT before turning North in NM. Looking forward to seeing you all in Castlegar. :yahoo:

I Still have to decide what to do during the final 4 days, do I complete the Dam Tour or head up to Alaska. Decisions, Decisions.

ARE WE THERE YET! ARE WE THERE YET! ARE WE THERE YET! ARE WE THERE YET! ARE WE THERE YET! ARE WE THERE YET! ARE WE THERE YET! ARE WE THERE YET!.......

We're getting there. The bike ( a FJR of course) is reserved. I'll be picking it up in Issaquah on the 9th June, before heading South and east through WA, OR, NV and UT before turning North in NM. Looking forward to seeing you all in Castlegar. :yahoo:

I Still have to decide what to do during the final 4 days, do I complete the Dam Tour or head up to Alaska. Decisions, Decisions.
Great, post up a notice in the PNW section when you get here, we would love to show you around and ride up with you. :)

Nice!

The area is awesome. I went through it on my way to Montana last summer.

:clapping:

Can't wait to go to my 1st NAFO!

:rolleyes:

Oh just fecking great, The Quebec Beer Thief has shown up!
Hmm.. I can deal with the Quebec Beer Thief. He just takes your beer all stealthy like. It's that Virginia Beer Thief.. aka: The Librarian. You'd think she'd be the stealthy meek one. But no, she takes the beer out of your hand. Takes a sip as a taste test. Deems it quaffable, downs the whole thing, then hands you back an empty can.

I wonder if she's going to Castlegar?

Oh just fecking great, The Quebec Beer Thief has shown up!
Hmm.. I can deal with the Quebec Beer Thief. He just takes your beer all stealthy like. It's that Virginia Beer Thief.. aka: The Librarian. You'd think she'd be the stealthy meek one. But no, she takes the beer out of your hand. Takes a sip as a taste test. Deems it quaffable, downs the whole thing, then hands you back an empty can.

I wonder if she's going to Castlegar?
Oh for Petey's sake, Steve! I know that you Canadians are world renowned for being "The Politest People on the Planet"! But holy sheep, you can come right out and say it: It's Sharon, Scoops!

This is why I drink rye

Unlike that Sheep Shearing Sissy just to the south of you. He can't drink rye for nothing, couple of small shots and He wants to wrestle Eskimo's....

408.jpg

This is why I drink rye

Unlike that Sheep Shearing Sissy just to the south of you. He can't drink rye for nothing, couple of small shots and He wants to wrestle fuck fondle Eskimo's....

408.jpg
Brother Don, I really hope you don't mind, but I went ahead and fixed that one for you, you're welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I didn't want to say anything, but Odot and Bustanut actually recorded a video because of this.

Bust is the one in the middle ( before he grew the mustache in an attempt to hide his identity.)

Not sure who the third guy is, Bikergeek ???????

The Ballad of Bust and Odot.

NAFO #3 - Rally in the Rockies

June 21st - 24th, 2012

Castlegar, BC
Ah man! This conflicts with the second annual attempt of my (currently only) big bicycle event which is on June 23rd next year. Y'all have a great time up there, I'll be thinking of the fun I missed while I crank my way up 13,500 feet of climbing on 65 miles of uphill road....

https://www.northtoalaska.com/ To help survive the cold, brutal, miserable, snowy and wet Winter here in Phoenix, Arizona: I have been sending away for travel guides.

Just kidding! You poor Northern Bastards and Canuckistanis, the weather has been utterly fantastic for motorycycle riding down here in sunny and warm Zonieland!

I've been contacting State of Alaska, Yukon Territory and British Columbia Province; they've sent me some great resource literature. One of the best is the 44 page North to Alaska- Driving Routes Through Canada and Alaska. The plus to this booklet is the detailed maps, if you can actually read a map! Link is above to order it.

Having said that, I am offering Bungie free two hour map reading seminars each night at NAFO / CFR in the host hotel bar. If you want to join in, I can easily teach a class of four how to read a map. Being an Artilleryman firing 105 howitzers with pinpoint accuracy, I feel I am up to the challenge of teaching Steve how to read a map.

Being an Artilleryman firing 105 howitzers with pinpoint accuracy, I feel I am up to the challenge of teaching Steve how to read a map.
Like I told Pierre & Scott, stop making fun of Bungie. That's my job!!

I would be surprised if you could even teach Steve what side of the map is north.

By the way has your bastard step-son SkooterG taught you anything about that devil box of a GPS you found on Gisele??

Being an Artilleryman firing 105 howitzers with pinpoint accuracy, I feel I am up to the challenge of teaching Steve how to read a map.

I would be surprised if you could even teach Steve what side of the map is north.

By the way has your bastard step-son SkooterG taught you anything about that devil box of a GPS you found on Geisel??
#1: Can't I at least make fun of Bungie on a part time basis? Maybe just every fourth day, perhaps?

#2: I am going to give Steve my old Boy Scout compass and show him how to orient a map to due North.

#3: True Story - I got tired of seeing the road go by on that screen, so I pasted a picture of the "real" Gisele Bundchen over the Garmin monitor; I'm not irritated any more!

#1: Can't I at least make fun of Bungie on a part time basis? Maybe just every fourth day, perhaps?
Well I quess that will be OK. Never let it be said that I spoiled all your fun.

#2: I am going to give Steve my old Boy Scout compass and show him how to orient a map to due North.
It still won't help.

#3: True Story - I got tired of seeing the road go by on that screen, so I pasted a picture of the "real" Gisele Bundchen over the Garmin monitor; I'm not irritated any more!
Funny how technology can make some folks so tense. Glad you were able to overcome living in the 21st Century and make it back into the Dark Ages.

By the way has your bastard step-son SkooterG taught you anything about that devil box of a GPS you found on Geisel??

Maybe it's his Blanche DuBois impression??? .......... "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

who could be more strange than "us"

;)

Latest posts