Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sandhill Dunes is my guess, wouldn't have know until the clue and because I rode by (but not to) the Dunes after CFO 09.
Umm... I kind of think you have the right place but I can't find where it is called that. They are sandhill dunes. But more animal in nomenclature.

only a few hundred miles apart, but yes they are close...
Hell, they’re just across the bridge from each other.  In fact, in the middle of the bridge you can just step right into Washington from Oregon. 

Somebody here suggested another site to try posting pics from (and thanks) but I haven’t tried it yet.  In fact since I got an iPhone to take pictures with I’ve hardly taken any on rides at all. Used to have a cam on a lanyard handy all the time, but now it takes two hands and gloves off to take a picture at all.  The opposite of progress!

A bunch of FJR type peeps in this picture.

IMG-3882.jpg

I've seen so many lighthouses in Maine that I doubt this could be there either. But there are a few short ones.

From the angle I can't see any bulb so it either is decommissioned or just for decoration. I'm not going googling yet...

Yes it has been decommissioned and moved from the original location but I don't believe it was any taller due to the working location of the lighthouse.

Somebody here suggested another site to try posting pics from (and thanks) but I haven’t tried it yet.  In fact since I got an iPhone to take pictures with I’ve hardly taken any on rides at all. Used to have a cam on a lanyard handy all the time, but now it takes two hands and gloves off to take a picture at all.  The opposite of progress!
No worries! Again, the intent is to make it where it's easy to guess, but optional to post new place. I can totally relate to the iPhone thing. It is really a pain to take a pic with an iPhone when wearing gloves. It helps that I have a photographer in the back seat.

My wife is the painter and I'm supposed to be the musician and photographer, so it kind of was hard for me when my pics with the Canon started getting beat out by her pics. I always took my nice Canon DSLR with multiple lenses for the "good" scenery pics and she took pics with a decent point and shoot for road pics. When going through the shots, some of the better scenery pics were hers, though. I gave in and stopped taking the DSLR last year. The Point and Shoot isn't usually good for wide angle, but the new iPhone cameras take the best wide angle shots now. A few of our best photos are probably from the iPhone. I'm too stubborn to fully admit it and haven't printed any out, but the camera is really good on them. Everything changes.

Bingo! Ray although I liked BigOgre's comment.

This lighthouse used to be at Cape Mendocino-the most westerly point on the continental US 

A good read... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Mendocino_Light

The road down from highway one is interesting to say the least and even a good size airport right in town. Well worth the ride if on the north coast of California.

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG-3881.jpg

Take it away Ray or make Pants post one if you don't do the pic thing.

I have a shirt that says " I survived the Shelter Cove road"😂

Somebody else can pick a new spot.
Look close Ray. Bluestreek in the middle, FarwestfastEddie on his right and next to him with the camera is Gregory. Mr and Mrs. Uberkul over on the other side. 

Count on Eddie for a forum salute

IMG-3883.jpg

Of course I know the place where Doug Bug has posted.  It's in my backyard (hint hint).  I'll give it a day or so, and then take the lob in the spirit it was intended.

This game is fun.....

I'll be waiting for the name as honestly I forgot it but I do remember that day well. Mr Pants asked me what I wanted to see in his neck of the woods swamp. I replied alligators, the big muddy and plantations and he delivered all three in a day. 

That's what so great about all the fine folks on the forums,  the locals showing off their best. 

Good times pard.
IMG-0218.jpg