Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct! You get the win. Can you name the road? It's great when the traffic isn't heavy.
Hwy 64. Usually the traffic is painfully heavy, as it's the main road connecting several WNC towns and only two lanes. The first time we did The Dragon, the run home, across 64, was just before dark. We had a very clean run and it was a great ride with no traffic.

This one will go quickly but I'm curious about something

31585597548_5a642431eb_b.jpg

Yellowstone upper falls. I have this pic on my bathroom wall, so it was very familiar to me:

This was by my bike as we walked back from the view:

Told you it was easy. 

Specifically, the lookout spot is referred to as Artists Point. - for good reason.

I has some bison close encounters as well on that trip although outside of Yellowstone.

Take it away

I've been by there a couple of times but never stopped to look around.  Save it for someone who has taken the time to visit.   Very nice photo.

Seems that I am sometimes in too much of a rush to get somewhere...

Blue Ridge Parkway, looks like.  But lava fields in Oregon?  Lots of 'em.  Remember Mt. St. Helens?
Correct Mike! Specifically Mabry Mill in Virginia between Meadows of Dan and Rocky Knob. That is as far NE as we went on the BRP. We made our way N into West Virginia from there. It was a spring trip, so it got a little boring for us that time after 300 miles. We have been back on the Blue Ridge a few times in the fall and it is just stunning.

Take it away!

Mike, I looked back through the previous posts and see that you didn't want to post a pic, so I'll do another. If you change your mind, let me know and you can jump in!

yes! I like it because it doesn't look anything like what I expected that area to look like. Now do you or someone else know the name of the specific area?