Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is extremely familiar. I'm thinking it looks like Arkansas, but I can't place the spot yet. Is it in the Arkansas Ozarks?
This place has a lot more in common with Grandfather Mountain than it does with any thing Ozark.

Looks like much of what you would see from the various look out stops on the Blue Ridge Parkway in N. Carolina.\?   :yes2:
This is in SC, but when traffic is light the run up the road past the State Park where this pic was taken is a blast all the way up to the BRP. 

Probably in selfie mode looking a head you could name a state park after
Ahh with a clue like that....Caesars Head State Park.

I'm pretty sure that's where Wheatie took us but as I said in was in the clouds so at least now I know what it looks like with the view.

I had to look back through my Spotwalla tracks, but I have not been on 276 through this park. Looks like a good road and a good view. I spent a week on a business/FJR trip in Easley just 25 miles south of there.  I wish I had headed back on 276 instead of up Hwy 25.

Are you kidding?  No comments yet on the freaking custom pie holder??  😜

Whose bike is that?  You could sell a lot of those on this forum.
The pic from Caesars Head State Park was part of a local ride that started and ended at a gracious forum members house. There was a post ride cookout. Mrs1911 made an Apple pie.

43533176042_cfe2718475_b.jpg

I made a rack to haul it the 40 or so miles from our house to the cookout house.  

This was a good day my friends

42908683674_e6e98e494f_b.jpg

42908679934_ebc3bbec95_b.jpg

42908684164_2d23f12a9d_b.jpg

I had to look back through my Spotwalla tracks, but I have not been on 276 through this park. Looks like a good road and a good view. I spent a week on a business/FJR trip in Easley just 25 miles south of there.  I wish I had headed back on 276 instead of up Hwy 25.
276 can be a little frustrating. The pavement is pretty bad right now. There are MANY attractions on or right off 276. Campgrounds, waterfalls, DuPont SF, Cradle of Forestry and so on. Greenville at the bottom, Brevard and BRP in the middle and Sylva Waynesville at the top. All that means a lot of traffic. 178/215 are a better ride. 276 for taking in the sights. 

Just came down the BRP and then 276 from Bernardsville and points more north today. Today was a great day to be a FJR pilot my friends.

Hwy. 70 on the way to Quincy?

(What were you driving?  Looks like a Buick.)
Yes, Feather River canyon. First shot was yesterday on my 18 Buick and the rear shot a few years back on the 08 Buick Deluxe. Just missed a train on the bridge by a couple minutes. For those who haven't, this canyon is a 50 mile ride of sweet sweepers with a few tunnels all the while paralleling the river and the railroad tracks. Traffic was light yesterday, Puppychow and I had a blast.

Listen Sonny, no passes this guess. I know you have a boat load of good pictures so post one up!

Bugnatr, those pictures of Feather River Canyon are nice! I made a last minute choice in my California trip to do Lassen instead of Feather River. I wish I could have done both. With my brother now in the SF area, it is possible I get to ride there again, but not likely.

Since it's been a couple days, I'll go ahead and post a new pic. If you were getting one ready, just let me know and you can take mine next time.

Here's the next place: