Need Gen 2 RH mirror for my 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chivvalry

Reaction score
I need a RH mirror... have some deep scratches on it from an unfortunate encounter. Initially thought "that'll buff right out" but not happening and my painting skills are non-existent.

Anyone out there replaced their mirrors with FZs and willing to part with the original RH?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you considered using black Plastidip on both mirrors? That stuff has a mat finish and is very forgiving to the skill level once it dries...

And if you don't like the results, you can peel it right off with little effort.

https://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

plasti1.jpg

if you decide to replace your mirrors, i am loking for jujst the glass for the left side. let me know and i will purchase your old one.

if you decide to replace your mirrors, i am loking for jujst the glass for the left side. let me know and i will purchase your old one.
I lost the glass in my left mirror due to a close encounter of the crow kind. For around $25, I had the guys at an auto glass place cut me a new one. If you go that route, make sure you specify convex glass as per the original - flat glass doesn't give you enough field of vision. DAMHIK

Seems like it belongs in the wanted section ( nah nah na nah na) PM sent
LOL, yeah, probably does. My bad.

i have a brand new one thats was sent to me wrong and i just kept it for just this occasion.
R
PM sent!

You can buy a set of FZ1 mirrors for almost what that OEM mirror will cost you new. Try it...You'll like it.
I was thinking about this... but I'm not sure I like the look of the FZ1 mirrors and have gotten used to seeing my elbows in my mirrors.. ;-)

Have you considered using black Plastidip on both mirrors? That stuff has a mat finish and is very forgiving to the skill level once it dries...And if you don't like the results, you can peel it right off with little effort.

https://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip
Ummm... I would rather have the original look back... good idea though.

I lost the glass in my left mirror due to a close encounter of the crow kind. For around $25, I had the guys at an auto glass place cut me a new one. If you go that route, make sure you specify convex glass as per the original - flat glass doesn't give you enough field of vision. DAMHIK
Where did you get a glass shop that used the convex mirror? We have a few good glass shops and they all say that they do not do anything with the convex mirrors. they recomend going to the Mfgr. we all know thats a pain in the rear...and pricy for just a piece of glass.

It was Apple Auto Glass, I think. This is a Canadian franchise operation but I am surprised that most shops don't offer this. Many auto mirrors are convex - especially passenger side. In any case, I don't think Yamaha will sell replacement glass (just the whole mirror assembly).

PM sent!

You can buy a set of FZ1 mirrors for almost what that OEM mirror will cost you new. Try it...You'll like it.
I was thinking about this... but I'm not sure I like the look of the FZ1 mirrors and have gotten used to seeing my elbows in my mirrors.. ;-).
Lol...Some people aren't good with change. I get it. Glad someone is coming through for you.

Where did you get a glass shop that used the convex mirror? We have a few good glass shops and they all say that they do not do anything with the convex mirrors. they recomend going to the Mfgr. we all know thats a pain in the rear...and pricy for just a piece of glass.
Yes I went down this road in SOCAL, called many different shops and brought samples to some. They claimed they were not longer allowed to cut that thin. All had to be thicker, etc . Frustrating! Anybody get any cut recently in the US?