Nelson Riggs Cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRGUS

Reaction score
Hi there,

Wondering which size Nelson Riggs Defender cover I should buy for my FJR with the factory saddlebags installed and the 46 Givi Box on the back. Any experience on this out there ?? Thanks.

Just today received a Nelson-Rigg MC1300 cover in the extra large (XL) size. It fits the FJR with stock side bags and a Givi V46 top box like it was almost made for it. The cover could be slightly longer around the side case area as it covers down to around the side case reflector level with the top case installed. It is a good fit and I don't think it will slip up even under windy conditions. Also received a Nelson-Rigg UV2000 half cover in the large (L) size. It fits the FJR with the side cases only or with the top case only but will not cover both the side and top cases at the same time (the side cases are exposed when the top case is attached and covered). This is fine for me as the half cover is to protect the bike while parked at work when it's a 115 degrees outside and I normally don't have the side cases and the top case attached at the same time.