New Bell M1 Helmet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peewee

Reaction score
Bell helmets Good or Bad?

I am getting a good deal on a Bell M1 lid.The question is are they any good as we don't seem to have too many of them here in Ireland and I believe they are a U.S. brand.

Any comments appreciatrd.
good.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Webbike World has some of the best and consistent helmet reviews available.

When it comes to helmets I like to try them on so I prefer to buy them from the dealer but dealers have a hard time competing with the Internet so the supply any more at any dealer is very limited compared to say 5+ years ago.

Buy what you can afford and buy what fits.

I have used the following helmets in the last 3 years:

Arai Vector 2

Shark Speed Pro

Bell RS-1

Bell Star

Of those brands/models my favorite is the Bell Star, very little turbulence, flows a lot of air, doesn't fog and has a very comfortable fit with quality materials. Plus the Transitions Shield that is available is a great addition to a great helmet.

Just my .02

I've been using a Nolan N104 for the past couple of weeks and like it. the only other modular helmet I've worn was the first model of the Bell Revolver and I was very disappointed in it. Noisy, poor ventilation and really poor visibility. the Nolan has great visibility and is very quiet. I can't speak to ventilation yet as we have only just started having temperatures in the 60's. The chin strap took a little time to get used to but I find the ability to adjust it to accomodate a neck gaiter in the morning and no gaiter in the afternoon very easy.

Use to run Bell exclusively clear back to a Moto 1 from the 70's....and still run a Moto 7 on the dirtbike.

Shoei fan now...particularly the modular.

Last edited by a moderator: