New Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Anyone else been boot shopping lately and discovered how narrow everything seems to be getting? I have been wearing Alpinestar Gortex for the last 20years so I naturally started out ordering the same, no fit, pain. Seems like the boots are now made in Croatia, I think they used to be italian made. Sidis looked good, but same game, normally I do a size 45 (10 and a half) to fit socks, my U S size is 10D, got to size 46 (11 U S) to fit and my heels went up and down an inch.

I've always found m/c boots to be too narrow. I've tried everything and the only waterproof boots that I've been able to fit into are Red Wings and the BMW off road boot. Then on Saturday I was at the bike shop and decided to try the Alpinestars Multiair XCR. They fit perfect and are very comfortable. They are a lower than my BMWs and have less shin protection, but are way lighter and still fully Goretex. I also tried the Alpinestars Web Goretex in the same size and they were too narrow. Even the same manufacturer seems inconsistent in sizing. And I don't think they're consistent from one year to another, either. It makes it a crop shoot ordering on the net.

A couple of months ago I asked RevZilla customer service about this exact thing. I wear 10E with a very high arch. Can swim like I have flippers on but mc boots aren't fun. I also have an older pair of Alpinestar..

Hi Jay,

I would be happy to help!

The Daytona Road Star GTX Boots will be your best option since it is guaranteed waterproof and comes in wide sizes.

Let us know if you have any other questions or need help checking out!

Cheers,

--

Peter H.

RevZilla.com

877-792-9455

Follow us @RevZilla!

RevZilla is growing fast and looking to hire

the best in digital, eCommerce, and moto!

Visit our Careers Page

Featured Position: eCommerce Manager

What are some other options?

I know Sidi are all pretty narrow...

Thank you

Hide quoted text

On Jan 29, 2017 4:18 PM, "Peter H." <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Jay,

I would be happy to help!

The Daytona Road Star GTX Boots will be your best option since it is guaranteed waterproof and comes in wide sizes.

Cheers,

--

Peter H.

RevZilla.com

877-792-9455

Follow us @RevZilla!

Visit our Careers Page

Featured Position: eCommerce Manager

Hi Jay,

You are welcome!

There are not a lot of other options. TCX used to be the go-to "wider than the average boot" brand, but they have started making their footbeds more standard width. Some of their older, more established boots might be close to what you are looking for, but they will not be a true "wide" boot:

TCX S-Sportour EVO WP Boots

TCX Infinity EVO Gore-Tex Boots

TCX X-Five EVO Gore-Tex Boots

TCX X-Five WP Boots

TCX X-Tour EVO Gore-Tex Boots

The only other truly wide boot is the SIDI Vertigo Mega Rain Boots (Mega means wide sizes) and we have a few of the size 43 left in stock. These are on closeout and have been discontinued by SIDI, so once they are sold out, we will not be getting any more.

Hide quoted text

Cheers,

--

Peter H.

RevZilla.com

877-792-9455

Follow us @RevZilla!

@Jim

I picked up a set of Sidi Tour Gore-Tex boots over the holidays from RevZilla. Ordered size 45 and found them to fit well in length with plenty of room in the arch and toe box. I was initially concerned they were a little loose, but after fitting a thin foam insole, the fit was tightened up nicely. They are very stiff out of the box but I'm liking how they're breaking in now.

They were (are) on closeout, so RevZilla doesn't list them any longer. You're welcome to check them out at Tech Day this weekend.

--G

I have been happy with both my TCX Evo Goretex touring boots and my TCX Drifter WP Adventure boots. I have wide feet too.

Sorry to read that TCX is narrowing their footbeds.

In Boots as well as Love, " Size does Matter" I was only blessed with big feet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take a size US10/EU44 boots, and have a EE or EEE width foot depending on the shoe.

I have previously tried to fit into a few different SIDI boots and ALL were way too narrow.

Not so with the SIDI Armada Gortex boot, perfect sizing and fit and by far the best and most comfortable MC boot I've owned and offers great protection too.

I wish I could find a goretex motorcycle boot in a narrow enough size to fit my foot. I'm currently in a Frey Daytona Big Travel size 52 narrow, and my feet are swimming in the wide things. I've got a measured size 16 aaa foot, and I'd even entertain to have a reputable boot maker build me a pair of customs.

Brodie

😕

I have been happy with both my TCX Evo Goretex touring boots and my TCX Drifter WP Adventure boots. I have wide feet too.
Sorry to read that TCX is narrowing their footbeds.

In Boots as well as Love, " Size does Matter" I was only blessed with big feet.
Hopefully you don't have tiny little hands.
rolleyes.gif

I have found that for good fit and real waterproof boots the answer for me is the Bates eight inch waterproof boot. They have a side zipper with an inner gusset that makes them really waterproof.

These boots are made for law enforcement and wildlife enforcement people to wear in extreme conditions day after day and they are very reasonably priced.

https://www.batesfootwear.com/US/en/8%22-velocitor-zip-waterproof-boot/20160M.html?dwvar_20160M_color=E04034#cgid=tactical-boots&prefn1=genericSizeType&prefv1=M&prefn2=technologyCollection&prefv2=Waterproof&start=1

I went to Revzilla's store in Philly and found out the same thing they said to Jay, up above. I went there to buy a pair of Sidi boots that I had been drooling over. I got there and told them I had a wide foot and they said "Well, the Sidi is out". They went and got me a pair and they were right. They got a bigger size and they didn't fit either. WAY too narrow. He went and got me a pair or Alpinstars and Daytona boots and both fit, with the Daytona being the widest of the two. I was hoping for the Sidi with a backup plan of Dainese, but neither brand would even come close to fitting on the width for me.

Check out the Daytona boots if you have a much wider foot. They were nice, but they were a little too wide for my foot.

I just got some aeromoto air's and took them on a 3400 mile break in ride. They felt great before I even got on the bike. I tried the TCX and could not find a good fit. Other than the boot's being on the tall side I forgot I was wearing them half the time. It was nice not to have the feeling of needing to get boots off as soon as I walk in the door and $79 on sale I might order a pair for the wife.

https://www.compacc.com/p/aeromoto-air-tour-waterproof-motorcycle-boots

Cibrd0wn posted: <snip, snip> Other than the boot's being on the tall side I forgot I was wearing them half the time.
Once you've worn them through a frog-strangler, you'll be happy for the extra height. Keeps water from running off your pants cuff and getting blown onto your socks or directly into your boots.

The only wide boots that I've found is Tourmaster WP, Aeromoto Airs and the Forma Adventure. They all fit my 3EEE feet well. The Aeromoto lasted a couple of years before leaking. The Tourmaster leaked right out of the box. I returned them, got another pair that don't leak but they are a pretty weak looking boot. The Forma's are the best fitting, waterproof, comfortable boot I've ever owned.

I just got some aeromoto air's and took them on a 3400 mile break in ride. They felt great before I even got on the bike. I tried the TCX and could not find a good fit. Other than the boot's being on the tall side I forgot I was wearing them half the time. It was nice not to have the feeling of needing to get boots off as soon as I walk in the door and $79 on sale I might order a pair for the wife.
https://www.compacc.com/p/aeromoto-air-tour-waterproof-motorcycle-boots
I bought a pair of these over the winter on a flash sale for $69.00 but haven't started wearing them yet. The first pair I had to return and go up to a size 11 which I have never worn before but they fit. Time will tell.

Dave

The only wide boots that I've found is Tourmaster WP, Aeromoto Airs and the Forma Adventure. They all fit my 3EEE feet well. The Aeromoto lasted a couple of years before leaking. The Tourmaster leaked right out of the box. I returned them, got another pair that don't leak but they are a pretty weak looking boot. The Forma's are the best fitting, waterproof, comfortable boot I've ever owned.
My Tourmaster WP's started delaminating with about 4,000 riding miles on them. I took them to Rezvilla with me when I bought my new boots and they said "That's considered normal wear and isn't an option for a return". So the material delaminating is considered normal, I guess.

It's the last pair of Tourmaster boots I'll buy. I'd like to think you should expect more than 1 season out of a boot. I didn't even get 1/4 of a season on them before they started coming apart. They did fit great though.

Most models of bates are cheap copies of Danners. Not bad, just lower in price and quality. I have wide feet, and wear Danner Desert Acadias when it's dry, regular acadias when it's hot. I'm shocked by the pricing of dedicated motorcycle boots, but it's academic, as I have never found any I was interested in that are available in my width.

Am currently wearing a pair of TCX gortex size 45, great choice, fits my size 10d foot with 2 pair of soxs and I am very satisfied. Thanks all and bigjohnsd. by the by, revzilla is foot fit aware and sent along a free return certificate just in case.

A friend had an issue with wide feet and calves, he found TCX Infinity worked.

Latest posts