New England via the Blue Ridge Parkway

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleystar

Reaction score
Just in case anybody is interested, I took a little journey from North Atlanta via the Blue Ridge Parkway to New England and back. Unfortunately, it rained quite a bit and the trip wasn't as fun as as it could have been. I also didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked to, but you're most welcome to check out my blog regardless. In the end though, a bad day riding is better than a good day at the office.

163.JPG

Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing. I was hoping to do a South Central PA to Nova Scotia ride this fall, but my cross country trip to San Francisco this summer without a throttle lock kind of put me and my throttle shoulder in the chiropractor's hands for the last couple of months. Nice blog, I feel like I went after all! Very cool pic of the USS Constitution with the Boston backdrop.

Nice report... bummer about the rain but sometimes even that can be a magical experience if the right elements are in play! ;)

There's a certain beauty in traveling alone. You are very approachable and most folks want to know what makes you crazy enough to undertake such journeys by yourself. It's a great way to meet folks and so far, all the people I've met have been great.
Totally agree... did my first solo overnight trip a few weeks ago and found this to be very true. Made some new friends because of it! B)

There's a certain beauty in traveling alone. You are very approachable and most folks want to know what makes you crazy enough to undertake such journeys by yourself. It's a great way to meet folks and so far, all the people I've met have been great.
Totally agree... did my first solo overnight trip a few weeks ago and found this to be very true. Made some new friends because of it! B)

YES!! I love riding with peeps but I like riding alone, too. The longest I've been on the road alone was the 3 days/nights in June '09 when I rode from Calgary - across the Rockies - to Tofino. LOVED it :D

Yes, bummer about the rain but my MO is: "my ride doesn't begin until it rains" :blink: :p

Great report, h'star

ps - come back up in August for NERDS. No rain there !!

Thanks for the read...you were in my neck of the woods in NE (not Nebraska). Come on back when the weather is more cooperative.

Willie

YES!! I love riding with peeps but I like riding alone, too. The longest I've been on the road alone was the 3 days/nights in June '09 when I rode from Calgary - across the Rockies - to Tofino. LOVED it :D

Yes, bummer about the rain but my MO is: "my ride doesn't begin until it rains" :blink: :p

Great report, h'star

ps - come back up in August for NERDS. No rain there !!
NERDS in August sounds like a fun time. Thanks for reading my blog.

Thanks for the read...you were in my neck of the woods in NE (not Nebraska). Come on back when the weather is more cooperative.

Willie
Yes, I was really disappointed that I couldn't explore some of the roads I had researched. Maybe this spring :D

Very nice ride report. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you managed to have some fun even in spite of the crappy weather. Yes, it has been a pretty poor autumn in New England, weatherwise. All of the rain and wind has even blown a lot of the leaves off the trees early, resulting in less than spectacular foliage.

Still, like you said, I'd rather be out riding in the rain that sitting behind the desk.