New FJR Model

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FJRski_2007

Reaction score
According to my research, FJR Gen I was around for 4 years, and Gen II is ending its 4 year in 2011. I wonder if Yamaha is going to release a new model for 2012.

Probably the next step in evolution for the FJ will be a 1600 to keep up with the Beemer crowd. :rolleyes:

According to my research...Yamaha is going to release a new model for 2012.
Jeez..., I hope not...! :eek:

Not with all the problems that've been reported on this Forum with the current 2 iterations... :rolleyes:

Reminds me of when the new Norton Dominator 500-twin was first introduced to dealers at a dealer-meeting in the late-'40s...(Norton had previously offered single-cylinder 500s).

The dealers said: "No..., not 2 cylinders -- we've got enough trouble with just the 1 cylinder...!" ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the next step in evolution for the FJ will be a 1600 to keep up with the Beemer crowd. :rolleyes:
Is there really a need for a 1600c.c. engine in an FJR? To keep it a 1300 would be fine by me.

I see no need to "keep up" to the Beemer crowd...

Is there really a need for a 1600c.c. engine in an FJR? To keep it a 1300 would be fine by me.

I see no need to "keep up" to the Beemer crowd...
Apparently Yamaha doesn't care much about what "we" want. It's all about marketing and moolah. :D

I agree, do we need a 1600CC FJR? The 1600CC BMW is large, it's almost like a Gold Wing.

Time will tell. Maybe we will see something new in 2011.

Improvements! A bigger alternator, electronic cruise control, and factory rings-of-fire.

I believe Gen I had a run of five years, first introduced in Europe in 2001 ('02, '03, '04, '05) = five years. I seriously doubt any major revisions for 2012. The market place (and Yamaha corp.) is just too weak.

I think a lot of what comes of the FJR will be reflected in units sold, cost of the impending recall(s), and the general health of Yamaha. They do do more than Motorcycles you know :)

It is a great bike in my opinion and I will run mine as long as I can.

Cruise, and a healthy electric and charging system, maybe a bit better cooling/heat dispersion setup, Xeon headlights would be nice and would aid in the charging/wiring issue a bit.

Not sure what else more is needed? Cant seeing someone say power or torque as the bike has more than most of need, and with size comes weight and that is a big deal for me moving forward on any bike in the Sport Touring Class. And gas quality with big displacement and higher compression motors is also a consideration for me. I love pouring 87 swill into mine and having a blast.

BMW can have their 1600, thank you. And they can have their significantly higher price tag, cost of maintenance, and all the extra weight as well.

Gary

darksider #44

I would like to see maybe a 1400cc engine, taller windscreen, cruise, highway pegs and a uber comfy seat and I agree with a xeon headlamp. other than that the bike is perfect.

It's due for a styling update, no need for a bigger engine, wicked fast the way it is. Larger displacement just means worse gas mileage and I know none of us bought it for the outstanding mileage but I don't want one that gets worse mileage.

It's due for a styling update, no need for a bigger engine, wicked fast the way it is. Larger displacement just means worse gas mileage and I know none of us bought it for the outstanding mileage but I don't want one that gets worse mileage.
I still think the FJR is one of the best looking bikes out there. I don't like ANY of the other sport-tourer type bikes styling as much. I'd buy another just like it in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.