New FJR Model

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any improvement to the motor would likely be boring it out for another 100cc's so they can call it a 1400 and market it against the Connie. Larger intakes perhaps but I can't see a different motor.

Styling changes are cheaper, but I think they are pretty happy with how the bike looks. .. So a few more electronic gizmos make the most sense.

Any improvement to the motor would likely be boring it out for another 100cc's so they can call it a 1400 and market it against the Connie. Larger intakes perhaps but I can't see a different motor.

Styling changes are cheaper, but I think they are pretty happy with how the bike looks. .. So a few more electronic gizmos make the most sense.
And a 6-speed automatic.

Since this is Friday, let me post a picture of a guaranteed New FJR Model:

IMG_0264b.jpg

Note the use of a Sacajawea dollar as a side stand puck. The suspension works, the steering turns the front wheel, the side stand works and the wheels turn on rubber tires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, the suspension doesn't work on the one I have. Shit junk I'm stuck with!

Wait. Are you sure the suspension works, or is the model just flexible because the plastic's so soft? (That's how mine is . . .)

...Are you sure the suspension works, or is the model just flexible because the plastic's so soft?...
My New Model FJR uses a geenUine ball-point pen spring. The side stand works too. The plastic is solid. I don't know how they could have boxed and shipped the model for the $6.00 I paid for it, let alone include the model too :blink:

Edit to add: What's more, I bought it in my local grocery store, it was on a stand in the isle with paper towels, napkins and Kleenex. I'm not sure what made that THE place to display a rack of motorcycle models.

IMG_0264b.jpg

Note the use of a Sacajawea dollar as a side stand puck. The suspension works and the steering turns the front wheel.
:lol:

Mine was delivered on father's day.

And was promptly disassembled for custom paint...

:)

IMG_0264b.jpg

Note the use of a Sacajawea dollar as a side stand puck. The suspension works and the steering turns the front wheel.
:lol:

Mine was delivered on father's day.

And was promptly disassembled for custom paint...

:)

I want one! Where does one procure a model like this?

Can't say I'm real happy with the axle re-design.
The whole time I've had it there has never been an oil leak or a flaming rear drive failure.

I want one! Where does one procure a model like this?
You have to be shit lucky and spot it in a motorcycle model display in the paper products isle in the grocery store like me. Take a look >>here<< and >>here<<. Maisto is the model company that makes the FJR1300. If you look around you can find a blue with white stripes and black with white stripes models too.

The following is an eBay photo so it may not be around too long.

%24(KGrHqV,!hME3vhJk!G-BOBesmwbiw~~0_12.JPG

And in addition to all the to the other parts that move, the wheels roll on rubber tires!

Aw crap! I just checked mine to be sure, and sure enough, there's that spring thing on the rear end. Ain't that a bitch. I was wro- wr- * cough * WRO-

Mistaken. That's the word I'm looking for!

I'm not changin' my sig!

(I still gave more than 6 bucks for it! Got it on fleabay if memory serves.)

It really is time for Gen III. Obviously there are many people who would buy the bike again but at this point all of the major motorcycle publications have stopped including it in the comparison tests? Yamaha needs to update, it's been 6 years.

Get rid of those DAMN :angry2: SPYDER"S; made it easy to change air filter; HOoo! how about a single sided REAR Tire!

ALSO would Like the OPTION to run TOURING TIRES like a GOLDWING :yahoo: and in RED :clapping:

The following is an eBay photo so it may not be around too long.

%24(KGrHqV,!hME3vhJk!G-BOBesmwbiw~~0_12.JPG

And in addition to all the to the other parts that move, the wheels roll on rubber tires!
If it weren't for the (ahem!) gay pinstriping, I'd buy this model (but only if it was a model). :D

Too bad it's a Gen II. :lol:

Gen 2 ???!!! There's a friggin gen 2 ?!...i gotta chill on the bud...( and the maisto's have cool springy suspension too ! )

Bobby

Every year I wonder what I would rather have than my Feej, and I still don't have an answer. Like Wheaton, I would turn around and buy another. I always tell people they should always look at cars and motorcycles, since you never know when some 16 year old girl, furiously texting some vitally important missive on her cell phone, will take your current ride away from you with her car. So if you lost your FJR, what would youo have the insurance company buy for you?

As for improvements, I am sure Mama Yamaha would always like to know. Serving the Voice Of the Customer is often a path to success. Being able to do that isn't always guarenteed.

I would like to see a factory cruise control, a robust charging system (I think mine is already), cool, powerful, efficient headlights (they don't need to steer themselves), a little more legroom (I am 6' 4"), more adjustment available to the handlebars, better/longer lived stock suspension, factory power outlets and connection point for farklers, subtle factory crash protection similar in concept to Honda ST11300 or Victory Vision, among just a few ideas. But then again, these have all been addressed in the aftermarket.

A factory air conditioner, cool beverage system, and onboard weapon systems including a electro magnetic burst gun to decomission the electrical system on that f'ing jerks Tahoe that just about ran me over and or is tailgating me, well....this could be something. Though a rocket propelled gernade launcher sounds more satisfying it leaves tire shreddiing junk on the road and I buy enough expensive tires already. And you would have to carry reloads. An energy charged weapon could be recharged by the new, more robust charging system...

I love the styling and I always have. I would like to see a red like my wife's former ST1300. The deep candy red was purty. For the most part I think the engine is wonderful. It strikes me as a powerful motor that not only works well, but is relatively reliable. You don't always get both. Isn't it great that there is already a 200,000 mile "club" for these bikes? Facinating. All the performance and longevity. I wouldn't turn away the notion of more power, but really, a slip of the throttle and I am illeagal already. How much more is enough...

Now, having additional bikes....maybe that is where the answer lies.

Has this thread made it to NEPRT yet?

mr.paul, from Minnesota, still lovin his FJR

According to my research...Yamaha is going to release a new model for 2012.
Jeez..., I hope not...! :eek:

Not with all the problems that've been reported on this Forum with the current 2 iterations... :rolleyes:

Reminds me of when the new Norton Dominator 500-twin was first introduced to dealers at a dealer-meeting in the late-'40s...(Norton had previously offered single-cylinder 500s).

The dealers said: "No..., not 2 cylinders -- we've got enough trouble with just the 1 cylinder...!" ;)
How old are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.