New owner in March

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too will add my congratulations to the mix. To you and your wife. March is a long way off and here in the frozen north our bikes are sucking on the juice of a battery conditioner till the roadways are uncovered of all the snow and ice, sometime in April if we are lucky. I'm making turns on those parallel slats used by the norskies centuries ago to just get around. It is where I started leaning into the turns.

Well folks, I finaly took delivery today at 6 PM. All I can say is: it's even better than I expected.

I'm all exited, tired, can't sleep. lol :yahoo: :D

I love getting a new motorcycle. It is hard to park a brand new bike in the garage and go to sleep. I feel your pain. Go ride the crap out of it tomorrow. Congratulations!!

If it starts making rattling noises at idle that go away as RPMs increase, do NOT ignore it. :assassin:

(just kidding...you won't have any problems for two, three thousand miles)

2601020880085843885S600x600Q85.jpg

I got a 150km ride in this morning before the bad weather coming in.

First impressions: The saddle is fine but hard, throttle might get expensive :rolleyes: the windshield is OK for short trips but I need a larger one.

You can reach 200kmh in third B) , it's very stable compared to old bike, even on bumpy roads. Suspension is a bit stiff for my taste. It turns in corners easily, much faster than old bike.

Did I mention the throttle might get expensive? :rolleyes:

That's AWESOME!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Congratulations on the purchase. It sucks being a waiter. How's that smile doing now? :D Welcome to the club.

my wife picked mine out also. I was all hung up between the big 3 Japanese ST bikes with all of their pros and cons, and really would have been happy with any of them. I took my wife to the Yamaha dealer in December 07 to look at the new black 08 FJR and that was all she needed. Her: "Please do not buy that big ugly grey thing or the one with the funny looking tail lights. Why not just buy this one, it is pretty?" That my friends is all I needed and January 5, 2008 I was the proud owner of a new FJR and have been loving it ever since. Congrats on the new bike!