New road

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warsw

Reaction score
My wife and I went for a ride today (In the car. Too much snow for the bike) and found a great road.

We drove into the little town of Alfalfa just to see what it was. We left Alfalfa and took the back road to Prineville and found a great road. 20mi of twisties following the crooked River. This road was just gorgeous. This is going to be my first short ride (about 130mi) that I am going to take after the snow goes away. "What a find".

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I went for a ride today (In the car. Too much snow for the bike) and found a great road. We drove into the little town of Alfalfa just to see what it was. We left Alfalfa and took the back road to Prineville and found a great road. 20mi of twisties following the crooked River. This road was just gorgeous. This is going to be my first short ride (about 130mi) that I am going to take after the snow goes away. "What a find".
It's always great to find a new road.. Congrats.. Christmas comes early, eh?

Are you talking about OR 27? We rode through there a few years ago, definitely one to keep on the list.

What road is it? I want to check it out, too!
I am not really sure if this is part of OR 27 or not. On the Oregon map it is the road that goes through Alfalfa to Prineville Res. then heads north along the Crooked river to Prineville. The best part is from the Res. to Prineville.

Are you talking about OR 27? We rode through there a few years ago, definitely one to keep on the list.

I am not really sure if this is part of OR 27 or not. On the Oregon map it is the road that goes through Alfalfa to Prineville Res. then heads north along the Crooked river to Prineville. The best part is from the Res. to Prineville.

looks like it is Oregon 27 (aka the Crooked River highway) from Google Earth - although GE doesn't show the village of alfalfa, or [Google Maps does?]. Also looks like the rest of the route isn't bad either [at least from space :blink: ] - straight from the junction with US 20 for ~2-3 mi, then downinto the canyon for 30 miles of twisties or so

-- obviously can't speak to the condition of the road, tho'

Google Maps link

Yep, that's OR27. We took it from Prineville all the way down to 20, then headed east. Pavement was excellent back then.

thank you for the post, would not have thought of that 'short' road.
in general always have a suspicion of pavement ending in roads in that area, but now know it's one to try out :)
There are some really great roads in that area. I am surprised that I missed this one.

UHOH, are you from around Central Oregon? If so we should get together and share some of our rides.

Last edited by a moderator: