New to Dallas / Fort Worth - Questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PizzaJim

Reaction score
I just moved from the Pacific Northwest to North East Dallas (Lavon).

Can any of you in the area (Plano, Garland, Wylie, Sachse, Rowlett, Rockwall, etc...) recommend dealerships for service and good sources for tires?

Thanks,

Tires... I use internet vendors and mount my own.

Service... Stadium Yamaha did me right on a recent valve clearance check and has a decent reputation. A good dealer is worth riding a little out of your way. Other than the valve clearance check visit, I have done routine maintenance myself. Welcome to the area though!

Welcome to the hood. Getting tires mounted is becoming problematic around these parts. We've lost some decent shops during the recession. The remaining places are priced sufficiently high that purchasing a tire changer pays for itself on the first use.

Cycle Gear on Central Expressway in Plano mounts tires. I think it's $20 if purchased there, higher if not. They do competent work, but it is never, ever ready when promised.

I've used Richardson Motorsports (Central just north of LBJ) for recalls on the FJR. I have been favorably impressed by their work. They have been ready and expecting me at the appointed time, all work is done on time and without issues, no complaints. I've not had them do anything beyond recalls, though.

As previously mentioned, Stadium Yamaha in Irving seems to have the best reputation in town. No personal experience there, however.

Edit: Forgot to add - best place to ask this question is Two Wheeled Texans: https://www.twtex.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Tires... I use internet vendors and mount my own.
Service... Stadium Yamaha did me right on a recent valve clearance check and has a decent reputation. A good dealer is worth riding a little out of your way. Other than the valve clearance check visit, I have done routine maintenance myself. Welcome to the area though!

Welcome to the hood! I agree that Cycle gear is a good place for tire mounting and if your lucky they sometimes have tires on sale. I do most of my own maintance but have used Richardson for the ignition recall. I am not a fan of Plano Yamaha due to past experiences.

+1 on mail ordering tires.

+2 on Stadium yamaha

i've had cycle gear mount my tires for me when in a hurry but you have to bring your wheels in to them off the bike and their tire prices were high. Oh yeah. they couldn't figure out how to install my aluminum 90° valve stems either (the ones everyone was getting at the time and no one reported any problems).

Last edited by a moderator:
Rockwall Honda/Yamaha replaced two tires that I brought in and didn't charge me extra. They were ready when they said they were. Good pices on tires but you can still beat them from the internet.