New version of ''MV Motorrad Riser Plate'' with a ready threaded hole & A Ram Mount Ball offered now!(PICTURES!)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mihalis fjr

Reaction score
The MV Motorrad improved their riser plates and now they send the plate with a threaded hole and a ram mount ball for the plate..

A very good and smart motion from them i believe..!

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I looking at this right, but do you have to take the handle bars and this plate off so the gas tank can be lifted? The picture makes it look like this plate covers the two screws that secure the front of the tank down hence cutting off clearance to raise the tank.

I have installed the other riser plate with the solar thermometer in my 03/abs but i have not this issue..If you have this issue,you can very easy to unscrew the rear bolt of the tank,lift it up and install the bolt again..When you will install it back,do the same job.But i am not sure if there is a trouble with it..?!Someone who has install it he could inform you better..

In this thread you will find many pictures from the installation.Perhaps could help you about the clearance..

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/146408-my-impressions-of-the-mv-motorrad-bar-riser/

Am I looking at this right, but do you have to take the handle bars and this plate off so the gas tank can be lifted? The picture makes it look like this plate covers the two screws that secure the front of the tank down hence cutting off clearance to raise the tank.
damn, how do I like your post without implying that I like the implications of your post
weirdsmiley.gif

I was thinking I really liked this riser plate, but if you can't get under the tank without removing it, hmmm.

Based on the photos in the other thread, I'm wondering if this isn't a function of the camera angle. I can't imagine they would have designed the plate to block the tank bolts.

damn, how do I like your post without implying that I like the implications of your post
weirdsmiley.gif

I was thinking I really liked this riser plate, but if you can't get under the tank without removing it, hmmm.
The tank can be raised like normal, no clearance problems, the bars needs to be centered.

Actually, it was for you, Mihalis; were the pics at the top of the thread of your install, or just info of the new design?

I've thought of the riser plate, but am met by the fact that I'm "thrifty," and am more interested in the angle adjustability than any rise. I also have the "RAM bone" in place for GPS mounting, and I know that that won't work with the riser plate. So...I'm just staying informed.

Actually, it was for you, Mihalis; were the pics at the top of the thread of your install, or just info of the new design?
I've thought of the riser plate, but am met by the fact that I'm "thrifty," and am more interested in the angle adjustability than any rise. I also have the "RAM bone" in place for GPS mounting, and I know that that won't work with the riser plate. So...I'm just staying informed.
I posted the pictures for info from this link for a view of the new design..

The new design is exactly this:I believe that the best and quick way to buy it is,directly from MV Germany..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FJR1300-06-up-adjustable-Handlebar-Risers-add-comfort-to-your-next-ride-/141085107557?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20d953e565&vxp=mtr

Did you order direct from MV in Germany?
Yes I did. Ordered last Monday, it'll be delivered tomorrow. Was about $300 out the door.
Please post pics and your impressions. I look forward to your report on what looks like a very good product.
Redfish,here is a 12 page thread about the MV.I don't know if you have read it..?It is for the older version,but it is the same!The only different is the ball..

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/146408-my-impressions-of-the-mv-motorrad-bar-riser/