New version of ''MV Motorrad Riser Plate'' with a ready threaded hole & A Ram Mount Ball offered now!(PICTURES!)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, thank you Mihalis. I have read most of it. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I have been considering this for some time now but have not made a decision yet.

Yes, thank you Mihalis. I have read most of it. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I have been considering this for some time now but have not made a decision yet.
You're welcome!

I believe that you will not be disappointed if you decide to buy and install it..
rolleyes.gif

I have read great reviews about it..!
smile.png

Got my riser on Tuesday, and finally installed today. Installed my new hyperlites as well, but unrelated :p Not gonna bore you with a ton of pics as theres plenty here already, but needless to say installation was pretty easy. There are two adapters to extend the brake lines, clutch lines, etc from the original place where theyre bracketed, but I didnt use them. I just undid the bracket and left the lines as they are. I think I looked at the instructions twice. Its pretty straightforward. Everything fits perfectly.

I'll take it out later today for a quick 100 mile ride to try it out, but just sitting on it I immediately tell the (positive) difference.

(seems Im not allowed to post images for some reason wtf)

https://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx338/desertrider1/2013-11-07131107_zps081cfafd.jpg

It looks really nice in the bike!!After your ride,let us know about...

A little help for the photo..Copy,Paste,More reply options,Add reply.That's it..
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ride went well...about 130 miles. Very very nice improvement. I set it about 2/3 of the way back, and it seems to be a tiny bit too much flayed out, so I think I'll move them all the back (closest to me) to bring them in a bit. Otherwise, very nice farkle. Should make the long rides much more enjoyable!

Ride went well...about 130 miles. Very very nice improvement. I set it about 2/3 of the way back, and it seems to be a tiny bit too much flayed out, so I think I'll move them all the back (closest to me) to bring them in a bit. Otherwise, very nice farkle. Should make the long rides much more enjoyable!
Another one happy MV rider..!
smile.png

Welcome to MV fun club..!
smile.png

I want to install the MV riser plate on my 2011, but after installing the Kouba 7/8 links, my center stand is virtually un-usable. is having the bike on the center stand an absolute must for this installation? Any other alternatives?

Not sure! LOL! when I read the directions/steps for installation, it talked about the center stand. I guess it made sense that the bike should be stable to allow the removal of the tube fork, doesn't the MV riser plate replace the front tube fork? or Am I seeing this completely the wrong way?

Other than little things like Skene LED lights, some LED driving lights, and other little things, the ONLY thing I don't like about my bike is the riding position. I just wish I could be more upright and/or not have to reach so much for the bars. I don't take too many long rides, but now that the weather is cooler, I did want to go for a longer ride (without my shoulder/wrists killing me!)

TXFJR easy solution is to place a board about 6" wide about 1" thick on the floor ride or roll your bikes rear wheel on it then use the centre stand .Some blokes even bolt it to the floor and cut a chamfer on the leading edge so the bike rides straight up on it .

That's actually a great idea, thank you! It appears that I will be able to install the riser without needing to deploy the center stand, but I will construct something like this for future maintenance!

Having it on the center stand will be easier to move the bars back and forth to install the relocation brackets for the brake lines, as mentioned use a 2x6 under the rear wheel to get it up in the stand.

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on this riser, but have a question. I wanted to use this mount:

https://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/1729/PN-613-0120/GPS-Mount-Bracket-Adapter-w-BMW-outlet-Yamaha-FJR1300-2006-on

Since the whole point of the MV raiser is to move the bars up and back (in my case anyway) and to allow them to swing back and forth, I'm concerned this may not work. It seems from the installation manual, the bracket mounts to the bolts on protective caps on the bars. If I installed this, it seems that as long as the bars themselves didn't hit the bracket, I SHOULD be able to just loosen the bolts that hold the bracket on, move the bars, and re-tighten. Since I have never taken the bars off, I can't get a clear "picture" of how it would affect this bracket, because the other "picture" in my head tells me that any change of the bar angle would decrease/increase the distance between the bolts. If I have to choose, I will go with the MV riser and find another mounting solution for a Jensen 910 radio. Any suggestions/comments would be really helpful!

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on this riser, but have a question. I wanted to use this mount:
https://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/1729/PN-613-0120/GPS-Mount-Bracket-Adapter-w-BMW-outlet-Yamaha-FJR1300-2006-on

Since the whole point of the MV raiser is to move the bars up and back (in my case anyway) and to allow them to swing back and forth, I'm concerned this may not work. It seems from the installation manual, the bracket mounts to the bolts on protective caps on the bars. If I installed this, it seems that as long as the bars themselves didn't hit the bracket, I SHOULD be able to just loosen the bolts that hold the bracket on, move the bars, and re-tighten. Since I have never taken the bars off, I can't get a clear "picture" of how it would affect this bracket, because the other "picture" in my head tells me that any change of the bar angle would decrease/increase the distance between the bolts. If I have to choose, I will go with the MV riser and find another mounting solution for a Jensen 910 radio. Any suggestions/comments would be really helpful!
I don't think that you can use this mount with the MV riser plate..

Because the distance between bolts would change as I adjust the bars?
For this reason,and i think the distance between the bars should be a bit farther now on the riser plate..but i am not 100% sure.
I have a GPS mount I made using the same mounting points, I installed the riser plate and the GPS mount goes on the MV bolts that mount to the original holes. Center to center distance is the same.

Joe

Because the distance between bolts would change as I adjust the bars?
For this reason,and i think the distance between the bars should be a bit farther now on the riser plate..but i am not 100% sure.
I have a GPS mount I made using the same mounting points, I installed the riser plate and the GPS mount goes on the MV bolts that mount to the original holes. Center to center distance is the same.

Joe
Sounds great!So not any modification on it..!
smile.png