Next ride?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanderjavant

Reaction score
Now that the FJR and I went through marriage counseling and I’m selling the mistresses that got between us (TDM850 and GTS1000) I’m ready to renew my commitment to the FJR. I’m even buying her a new short Cee Bailey shield to lessen the heat.

So what's next?

If anybody wants to meet some Saturday in Lockhart for some BBQ I'm in.

Lockhart BBQ 1

Lockhart BBQ 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Just say when. I can pretty much fall out of bed and be in Lockhart :)

You might also consider The Salt lick in Driftwood. Their BBQ has been very good and very consistent lately.

County me in as well. I've never been to Black's. Have heard that Kreuz (pronounced Kroights I think) is good. Also like the City Market in Luling and Salt Lick in Driftwood. Dont think much of Coopers in Llano but the one in Mason is ok

Pick a date and time and I will try to make it as well.

Not May 20th though, I will be in the Dallas area for high school graduations and celebrating my 45th b-day hopefully at Javier's Mexican Cuisine restaurant.

Made the trip to Black's last year to meet some fellow MTF members....

https://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTourer/start

I rode around town and the area instead and never did try out Black's barbeque, so I would like to try it sometime or another BBQ place in that area.

My order of preference, mostly due to ambience.

Smitty's Market

Black's Barbecue

Kreuz Market

Never tried Chisholm Trail

Smitty’s and Kreuz both close early on Saturday night.

I need to get the GTS ready for the new owner on Saturday but I sure could go for some good BBQ. So how about this Saturday, April 22 at 11a at Smitty's Market?

Smitty's Market

208 S. Commerce St.

Lockhart, Texas

(512) 398-9344

CIMG3108r.jpg

Smitty's Market

Black's Barbecue

Kreuz Market

I need to get the GTS ready for the new owner on Saturday but I sure could go for some good BBQ.  So how about this Saturday, April 25 at 11a at Smitty's Market?

Smitty's Market

208 S. Commerce St.

Lockhart, Texas

(512) 398-9344

CIMG3108r.jpg
You mean this Saturday the 22nd of April at 11 am?

I think that there are races in College Station this Saturday as well.

Who is the lucky GTS future owner?

Smitty's Market

Black's Barbecue

Kreuz Market

I need to get the GTS ready for the new owner on Saturday but I sure could go for some good BBQ. So how about this Saturday, April 25 at 11a at Smitty's Market?
https://www.cmraracing.com/

Yup Scott, this Saturday is the 22nd. For some reason I thought Monday was the 27th and I was counting backwards.

I'll edit above.

The new owner will be whoever wins it on ebay. No bids yet but 50+ watchers.

Here we go again.....I cant make it either this weekend (gone KLR riding to Brownwood) or next (family stuff.)