Next WFO?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have quite enough snow to have fun with so I will give it a while. Got a pile of brush that needs burned but that requires manual labor and I'm lazy today so maybe I need a nap. :)
Come out here--holy crap i've run the snowblower for 3 days, and it's still coming down. Time to get the snowboard out!!

https://www.grandtarghee.com/the-mountain/conditions/index.php
Better keep that blower gassed up cause there is a lot more coming in your direction. Just thought you would like to know. :D
Wow--it's here early this year. Not even Thanksgiving yet. Here's what the National Weather Service is saying about today. Looks like not only is riding season over, DRIVING season is for now too! :blink:

"* WINDS/VISIBILITY... SUSTAINED WINDS AT 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 50 MPH WILL DEVELOP TODAY AND CONTINUE INTO THE EARLY EVENING. AREAS OF ZERO VISIBILITIES ARE EXPECTED TODAY DUE TO SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW. * IMPACTS... LIFE THREATENING CONDITIONS WILL OCCUR THROUGH TUESDAY. WHITEOUT CONDITIONS WILL DISORIENT TRAVELERS OR THOSE STEPPING A SHORT WAY FROM WARM AND DRY SHELTER. POWER OUTAGES MAY ALSO OCCUR. WHITEOUT CONDITIONS... MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. DO NOT TRAVEL. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... HAVE A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT WITH YOU. IF YOU GET STRANDED... STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE."

Last edited by a moderator:
Come out here--holy crap i've run the snowblower for 3 days, and it's still coming down. Time to get the snowboard out!!

Better keep that blower gassed up cause there is a lot more coming in your direction. Just thought you would like to know. :D
Wow--it's here early this year. Not even Thanksgiving yet. Here's what the National Weather Service is saying about today. Looks like not only is riding season over, DRIVING season is for now too! :blink:

"* WINDS/VISIBILITY... SUSTAINED WINDS AT 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 50 MPH WILL DEVELOP TODAY AND CONTINUE INTO THE EARLY EVENING. AREAS OF ZERO VISIBILITIES ARE EXPECTED TODAY DUE TO SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW. * IMPACTS... LIFE THREATENING CONDITIONS WILL OCCUR THROUGH TUESDAY. WHITEOUT CONDITIONS WILL DISORIENT TRAVELERS OR THOSE STEPPING A SHORT WAY FROM WARM AND DRY SHELTER. POWER OUTAGES MAY ALSO OCCUR. WHITEOUT CONDITIONS... MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. DO NOT TRAVEL. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... HAVE A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT WITH YOU. IF YOU GET STRANDED... STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE."
...Rained a little here this morning. :)

(And we may get FROST tomorrow! Friggin' Canadian air moving down. Movin' to Creston if this crap keeps up.)

I need to get to Deadwood! I know, it's in South Dakota! But Al Swearengen owes me money!
Steer clear of the hogs (and I'm not talking about motorcycles).
wink.gif

...Rained a little here this morning. :)

(And we may get FROST tomorrow! Friggin' Canadian air moving down. Movin' to Creston if this crap keeps up.)
Plenty of room in Creston, Ca for yah!
(Canada!)

:lol:

How much an acre is property in your part of the world Don????? The snow is getting deep :angry:

+ 1

...and, also speaking of snow...13:15h 30 December 2010 view from the porch

PC300010.jpg

...with much more due this afternoon, tonight, and tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful picture, Joseph. Nice to look at from a safe distance. Promise not to complain QUITE so much about the temp going below 50 this evening.

Below 50, eh? I hope that you and Andy will be able to tough it out somehow.

This is what Wunderground is saying we can expect here in Crested Butte tomorrow night:

Friday Night

Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow. Areas of fog after midnight. Colder. Lows 15 below zero to 25 below. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Happy New Year Everyone!

^^^^ + 1

The setting sun reflecting-off the Madison Range (when approaching from the W.SW) is a visage I still hold dear.

Please, not Bozeman! I'd have to ride 198 miles through mountains, along rivers and in canyons just to get there. Plus I'd have to stop at least 20 times to fly fish along the way... :p

So, I know i started a thread on this previously. I was told over 3 months ago (on October 7) that "the final negotiations are at 99%. I expect to put ink to paper tomorrow."

I realize this is a volunteer thing, so not being pushy, I haven't asked again. However, for me (and probably others) we're now into the new year and calendaring/scheduling issues are fast approaching. So, I'm wondering if we could get a status update...? Thanks in advance :)

So, I know i started a thread on this previously. I was told over 3 months ago (on October 7) that "the final negotiations are at 99%. I expect to put ink to paper tomorrow."

I realize this is a volunteer thing, so not being pushy, I haven't asked again. However, for me (and probably others) we're now into the new year and calendaring/scheduling issues are fast approaching. So, I'm wondering if we could get a status update...? Thanks in advance :)
OK, Spud. Here's some info -

WFO will be July 14 thru 17.

The proposal that I received from the first venue showed me that there's some organizations out there that DON'T FOOKIN LISTEN! This is after meeting with three different people face to face, emails, phone calls, etc. Absolutely fookin moronic.

So fookem.

I started the process over - and have a venue which will/should be signed up next week. From where I live it's an easy 893.1 mile ride. More to follow.

Well at 893 miles it isn't south or west so if we guess it will be half right. <_<

893 miles from where Hal lives gets to some great riding areas.

Hal, Do we get a teaser picture like last year ??? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.