NHL Playoffs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Game 6 at home for San Jose Sharks Wednesday night against the Blues...Series currently 3-2 Sharks. Hoping they can wrap it up with a win at home to advance.

Gonna be huge if the Sharks make it to the finals.

Mr. BR

Not having Stamkos and Bishop hurts the Lightning , and I don't see them making it. But then, I've been wrong countless times before on projected outcomes of sporting events. :)

Yeah, not helping, but hard to complain about Vasilevskiy. He sure is making a name for himself. I thought the Pens-Caps series was going to be the one to watch but this one has kept me glued.

Well, we started out the playoffs down Stamkos and Strahlman, and Strahlman wasn't supposed to be back at all. I decided I'd be happy whatever they did. Kudos to the team for stepping up to the plate and playing and getting us this far. Bishop going out was a pretty sad disheartening sight to see. Can't say I've ever seen a player go off the ice on anything but their buddy's shoulders, so seeing a goalie on a stretcher on the ice was pretty crazy. Vassy is amazing when the pucks are coming at him, not so much on the rebound, and could he be slower coming from behind the net? But, he's done amazing in some games where he's had zero support. I'm hoping they come back fired up for game 7, but we'll see.

Nuthin' like a game 7 where anything can happen. He who wants it the most will win........ it's been a great series so far.

Well, we started out the playoffs down Stamkos and Strahlman, and Strahlman wasn't supposed to be back at all. I decided I'd be happy whatever they did.
Gotta say, considering what I said before, losing game seven by one point in round 3, I can handle that. I'm disappointed for sure but I have to say I really didn't expect us to get this far.

Go Sharks!
biggrin.png

I was rooting for Tampa Bay, but they were oddly impassionate and lethargic at times during the series. It seemed to me that after a couple games that the Penguins would win.

...Go Sharks!
biggrin.png
+1 Hope it is an entertaining series (Hope it goes to game 7).
smile.png

I was rooting for Tampa Bay, but they were oddly impassionate and lethargic at times during the series. It seemed to me that after a couple games that the Penguins would win.
Agreed. I think it was game 3 that was absolutely the most abysmal. Vassy got no support and I think the official stats were something like 987,432 saves out of 987,435 shots for him.
biggrin.png

Well, game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight at 8PM Eastern time. My son Trevor made a YouTube video last night that's kind of clever and funny. I know a number of you have met Trevor at some rallies and tech days. Check out his work......

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad the Pens went into San Jose with a 2-game lead. All the games seem to be close and exciting, but I'd like to see the sharks closed out sooner than later.

Nice touch on Trevor's video, "it isn't good".

Looking good for the Pens. It would be really nice to hoist the cup at home for a change. Sorry Sharks fans. I know it's painful. Been there and done that for years with the Pens from the early 70's until our first cup win in '91. Such a great sport to watch. So much action that I can sleep during baseball games.
smile.png

I don't follow pro hockey, but I grew up with it, and I enjoyed watching a lot of last night's game. But with all the expansion in pro sports, teams seem to end up in some unlikely-sounding spots. I've always thought that fans who have to live through Pittsburgh/Toronto/Chicago/Buffalo-type winters were more deserving of a championship hockey team than ones in places like San Jose or Phoenix. PHOENIX?